Just Another Day Of Wheeling

Enjoi408

I was at Hollister Hill with a friend for some light wheeling, but then I decided to do some more harder technical trails. After getting through it all on the way back I see a tire sitting on the side of the trail. No one is near me and this tire is HUGE! I take a closer look. Its a Pro Comp Mud Terrain tire 35x12.5R18 NEW! Its sitting on I dunno what rim but powdercoated black and in new condition. But it was covered in mud. So I threw it in the back of the truck and left. The most odd situation and Im still confused as what happened. Its a 8 lug nut. What truck do you guys think it fits?

IMG_1069.jpg

IMG_1070.jpg

IMG_1071.jpg

IMG_1072.jpg

IMG_1073.jpg

Yes that is a penny and its almost drowning in the tires tread.

Edited by Enjoi408

I'm guessing a full Size pickup. Possibly GM, not sure who else has 8 lugs. Was it flat? If so, it's possible someone swapped it on the trail and then lost it out the box due to not securing it properly (not the brightest move considering the probable cost of the tire and rim).

Good find for you, now you just need to get lucky 4 more time to get the complete set.:tongue:

Well....if the owner inquires and says it belongs to him, tell him you can ship it for free if he's willing to pay the stupidity taxes on not securing an almost $1000 item in the back of his vehicle. :ohno01:

Errr.... perhaps a it's a generation gap thing or something, but I would be trying to find the rightful owner first. Put up a posting on Craigslist without photos.

nope, no generation gap i feel the same way

Yeah, i've made plenty of stupid mistakes in my life, i imagine everyone has. If i found it, i'd be asking how i could try to find the owner, hoping and remembering others who have done the same for me in the past or may in the future lol. I'd be bummed if i lost it.

Errr.... perhaps a it's a generation gap thing or something, but I would be trying to find the rightful owner first. Put up a posting on Craigslist without photos.

yeah, i agree, after seeing the tire/rim itself (after phone call from froggy). i would CL it to find the owner. HOWEVER... to stop a bunch of retards from trying to get it off you and they don't actually OWN it, i would only post a partial pic, or NO PIC AT ALL.. let them describe it.... if they lost it, they'll know what it looks like.

oooooooh......... bead locker too........

Guest Thunderbox

From the size of the center hole I have to say Chevy 3/4 ton. I know some older fords used the large hole too.Might have been a spair tire in the back of a truck and it bounced out and the driver did not see it.How would 18s look on the thunderbox :lol:

Guest Thunderbox
List it on CL... see if the previous owner notices and provides you with a reward...

or

Sell it to Dave, im sure he has something to stick it on...

Shhhh I didnt see your post before I posted. Froggy here is a chevy 3/4 ton 8 lug rim.see it the center is about the same size.CIMG0093.jpg