Need Help Finding Headlights!

projekz

I've come across a few pictures on the net of some Pathfinder (Terrano), most likely located in Japan, with clear headlights. I broke my driver side headlight on the weekend and I'd like to replace it with the clear ones for better visibility !? I tried google with many combination of words and I still can't find anything. Here is a picture...hopefully someone can help!

180635.jpg

OK ... I guess this is not working! I'm NOT looking for the corner lights. I am looking for the headlight itself. The headlights on my 97 Pathfinder don't have a clear see thru lense...they have a bunch of line patterns in the glass. The headlights I'm looking for have a clear lense like the ones on the newer Pathfinder.

OK ... I guess this is not working! I'm NOT looking for the corner lights. I am looking for the headlight itself. The headlights on my 97 Pathfinder don't have a clear see thru lense...they have a bunch of line patterns in the glass. The headlights I'm looking for have a clear lense like the ones on the newer Pathfinder.

Dunno if these will fit your 97, but:

http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/99-04-NISSA...sspagenameZWDVW

http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/99-04-NISSA...sspagenameZWDVW

I know exactly what you're saying man...I tried looking a few years back and did not find any luck. The pic you are showing, the headlights look just like ours. I think some of it has to do with the fact that the ones in that picture are brand spankin new and you are comparing it to yours which probably are dirty like the rest of us.

The 99-04 headlights are not the same shape as the 96-99's. Dean has some nice HID's which I recall ending up costing him quite a pretty penny and good luck on finding a pair. But they look sick. Here are a couple of them.

HIDlamp_lowhigh.jpg

HIDlamp_low.jpg

I wonder if the inside of the headlight lense can be buffed to a smooth clear surface???

Wouldn't matter if you did - the fluting is internal as well. If you just replace the lens with a clear one, then you'd have spotlights, not headlights. The stock headlights use the lens to diffuse and direct light. The more recent clear-lensed units use faceted reflectors to do the same thing.

as i know there is no clear lens type headlights for 99 or bofore pathies. these are all glass with texture on it. why you think so is, old ones are getting hazy. i replaced mines with new originals they are looking like clear type and . but same as older ones. ordinary sealed type glass lenses. now illumination is better, and there is significant imporvement.

Hopefully they'll start making them for the 96-98 R50...

The limited number of cars that had those headlights is a problem, I think. They made a billion or so W/D21s, so it's natural that they'd have a version for them. The later R50 is more numerous... Of course, that said, I wonder what it would take to convert your front end to the later R50?

I wonder what it would take to convert your front end to the later R50?

New hood, new fenders, new bumper, new grille, new turn signals, new marker lamps, and new headlights.