Performance Enhancing Drugs In Pro Sports

mws

Drugs in pro sports - Follow bicycling's lead?  

19 members have voted

1. 1. Should other sports crack down like bicycling has?

• Yes. Although expensive and time consuming, it needs to be done.
    • Kinda. Crack down a little on some of the less popular and more blatant (NFL approach)
    • No. Continue pretending it doesn't exist (Baseball's approach)
    • No. Let players do what they want. It's their lives.

V6, you're splitting hairs. I agree that idolizing someone, and that a person being a role model are different things.

Not splitting hairs at all.

I could understand wind and wind or live and live being mistaken for the same thing but not an idol and a role model.

GG is appears IMO too illiterate and/or ignorant to be able to define the meanings of what "clearly" different words mean.

Perhaps that was too harsh of me?

It may not be his fault... I mean, if one is unable to even spell properly what hope does one have of finding out the meaning of the words and how to use them in correct context? Perhaps he didn't have a role model to aspire too when he was young. He may have idolised something instead, a Mickey Mouse clock perhaps?? Though it would make a nice idol, it could never be a role model, could it.

Either way he always manages to leave me with a little bit of vomit in the back of my throat.

a Mickey Mouse clock perhaps?? Though it would make a nice idol, it could never be a role model, could it.

Sure it could, just think, it'll never do drugs, beat it's wife, go on drinking binges, run dog fights......

:rolleyes:

ok, so i don't recall any doping scandals in hockey, are they all clean or are they not tested? you know they have to be popping something after some of those checks or is it cheques? or is it czech? :D

and could they be role models or idols then? or are they too violent? or was gretzky a puss? ;):D(total blasphemy, i know)

:D :D

Vsicks, you're getting way off topic. Please state your opinion of the matter at hand and stop handing down snide comments to Greg.

BACK ON TOPIC!! :thumbsdown::whocares::offtopic::stickwack:

Thank you 88 for bringing this up again. I had just about forgotten about this thread, and now you just may have given me yet another opportunity to scathe our beloved bumbling GG. :beer: Alas, it seems that you have failed to have your facts in order as to who how and why this got off topic. Might I suggest that you take a decent look at the postings this time? PM me your apology too if you like. And as for my comments about GG, they are far from snide. They are precise, indicative of his character and factual as far as I can ascertain. Would you like that I was a little more blunt in future?

Now 88, will you let it get back on topic and stay on topic, or must we carry on with this silly banter?

Edited by Vsicks Pathy

Thank you 88 for bringing this up again. I had just about forgotten about this thread, and now you just may have given me yet another opportunity to scathe our beloved bumbling GG. :beer: Alas, it seems that you have failed to have your facts in order as to who how and why this got off topic. Might I suggest that you take a decent look at the postings this time? PM me your apology too if you like. And as for my comments about GG, they are far from snide. They are precise, indicative of his character and factual as far as I can ascertain. Would you like that I was a little more blunt in future?

Now 88, will you let it get back on topic and stay on topic, or must we carry on with this silly banter?

I don't give a shxt who started what comment, why or where. Could you for once attempt to have a decent conversation with other people without giving thinly veiled insults to some of them when they don't agree with you? I would much rather you had some discretion in the future rather than bluntness, thanks.

get this: there is this lady that works in the same building as i do and she is a body builder. she is in training right now and during breaks we talk about her regiment sometimes. today, i found out that there are different classes in the body building sport. one of the classes is...?.... you guessed it, stereoid class. :blink: i couldn't believe it but she assured me that was the case. she does everything natural, though some of the things she puts her body through i find less then natural in general, but she was telling me what others, not in her class, do so the doping thing in sports now seems kind of like a joke. so, straighten out your arm, find that vein, and enjoy! :D :D :D