Odb-ii Software

jlg

What odb-II software do you guys use on a pathfinder? I have a usb cable that connects from my laptop to the odb-II swith under the dash. On my vw I use vag-com but that software is made for vw and audi's only.. any equivalent software for a pathfinder?

thanks all!

that scan-gauge looks nice! Can it reset the "service engine soon" light?

XPLORx4 about the autoenginuity did you get the enhanced version and the extra nissan module?

thanks all!

that scan-gauge looks nice! Can it reset the "service engine soon" light?

XPLORx4 about the autoenginuity did you get the enhanced version and the extra nissan module?

I don't have the Nissan module... yet.

Yes, the SGII can reset the check-engine light as well as read the codes. Here's my scan-gauge:

scangauge.jpg

I have auterra. It's pretty good for datalogging and whatnot. Also lets you do trouble codes. Autoenginuity ftw though. "enhanced nissan" is about as close to vagcom as you can get for the pathfinder.

Edited by turbopath

Coverage includes the Work Support configuration commands such as Target Idle Ignition Adjustment; with it you can permanently advance your ignition timing to gain few extra HP.

This part sounds good and I have even read (on here?) that somone with a VQ QX4 got better as mileage...that word permanently slows me a little bit...........would it realy be permanent?

What do I expect to pay for an entire set up? I am not understanding what parts are necessary...I must need a pocket PC, and the Ënhanced disc"? This has me super curious, especially since I enjoyed the very light tunability of a SAFC and a wideband!!

What type of realistic gains and or monitoring?

Edited by 98silverpathy

By permanent it means that the settings stays until you change it. What happens with a VQ Engine is that it will automatically advance/retard the timing depending on grade of gas. Premium gas= Timing advanced. Regular gas= timing retarded. It's so the thing doesn't knock like hell on regular gas, but gives good performance with premium.

I don't have the Nissan module... yet.

Yes, the SGII can reset the check-engine light as well as read the codes. Here's my scan-gauge:

scangauge.jpg

Wow, 0 MPG, that must suck :chairfall:

Scan Gauge has the owners manual posted on their web site, it answers a lot of the questions people have, so give it a look.

I would love to get one if it wasn't 170 :judge:

You can find it for lower prices ($150) if you sneak in on another forum's group buy. Check out this google search for Scan Gauge Group Buy.

If you think about it, a standalone code-reader costs about $50 or more, and all it can do is read codes! The SGII can do much more. It's definitely worth it.

You could get one from here:

http://www.scantool.net/

Thanks for the reply,

I'm sorry but I'm kinda new to this: I don't have any accessories for OBD. What I want is to be able to read the codes and reset them if possible.

What exactly do I need to do that? I cannot afford to get a scangauge at the moment, so what's the best cheapest way to do this? What parts and software do I need in order to connect to my laptop or PDA?

Thankyou for your help.