Dog lovers

canucklehead

• Replies 129
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

right here! i'll see if I can scan this picture of my buddy's retriever that just had a litter of 11! There sooo many pups in the picture. I've got a little badger-buster (west highland white terrier) that I take camping and fishing with me. She's getting on in age (14) but she's still got plenty of juice left in her

Where are all the dogs ? :aok:

Look Left! These are my 2 girls. The older (8) was raised in New Mexico as a search and rescue dog but now only does therapy work and pretend to be a speed-bump. The young one (2?) was a stray in Virginia that I adopted about a year ago.

Here's another pic of them

newdog.jpg

Sadly, my parent's 1 1/2 year old cat was mauled over the weekend in their own yard. She barely survived after my brother ran the dog off, but she may lose a leg. The dog was running free around the neighborhood, and cornered the cat in their back yard (no fence, but she doesn't leave the yard). So... just a friendly shot out as I climb on my soap box. If you have a dog, please be responsible with it. :help:

We have problems with strays in our nice new development so a few words and a stones throw keep them at bay. One of them went after my dog when she was 8 weeks old. The dog that came after her had a 30' rope with a buoy at the other end. I got the buoy stuck between some concrete blocks and waited for the owner to come and get the beast.

And some people don't see the big deal in their "harmless" dog running around the neighborhood until something goes wrong. Would the same hold true if a parent allows kid to run all over hell, and then the kid beats down another with a baseball bat or something. I know its extreme, but still. My mom is crushed right now over her baby sitting at the animal hospital.

Sadly, my parent's 1 1/2 year old cat was mauled over the weekend in their own yard. She barely survived after my brother ran the dog off, but she may lose a leg. The dog was running free around the neighborhood, and cornered the cat in their back yard (no fence, but she doesn't leave the yard). So... just a friendly shot out as I climb on my soap box. If you have a dog, please be responsible with it. :help:

As a dog owner myself - I couldn't agree more!!! I was out walking my dog about 3 weeks ago (8 or 9pm - dark out) and someone was putting their trash out. Their dog got out of the house, or was loose already, and came after me and my dog...

Now, my dog is an 85 lb lab, but this other guys dog made Colby look like a teeny terrier or something! Anyway, the guy wasn't able to control his dog particularly well and suggested I get out of the area as quickly as possible... and this is a dog in a neighborhood with little kids everywhere. That was the first of 3 dogs on that walk that came after us - needless to say, I don't go in that neighborhood anymore!

I am a dog owner and I am responsible with my dog and concious of others' safety. I expect nothing less from other dog owners, but sadly am often disappointed... :angry:

I had some POS little dog come after me once and actually got it's teeth into my ankle...I've never heard louder yelps after I kicked it in the ribs once, then the face. I hope I broke a rib. Stinkin uncontrolled aminals...

I don't much like dogs. :P

don't mean to change the subject but since you're talking about cats...does anyone have, or has anyone seen, the video clip of the cat grabbing hold of the ceiling fan and getting whirled around and then tossed into the wall (sorta like k9sar's clip)? i hate to laugh but it's pretty funny.

Dogs need socializing with humans and other dogs from the day they are born. When they are taught their place they are great. But a dog who thinks he's in charge of the show is bad news.

My dog thinks he's at work whenever I go outside. He will do anything that he knows how to do for the simple reward of catching a ball.

And he is never allowed to run free except if he is at an off-leash park. I have a solid 6' fence around the back yard and whenever nobody is at home he is locked in a vari-kennel.

But he is a German Shorthaired Pointer and to him, cats are game.

I don't know what he would do if he ever caught up to one, but that is a chance he will never get to take.

I had another GSP when I was a kid. He chased a cat once but then the cat stopped and held his ground. The dumb dog didn't know what to do. Wouldn't get close to the cat and tried to make him run. It was pretty funny at the time. It was a stand-off and no one got hurt.

Aren't you people glad that I don't have time to post more often?

Whew!!!

my dog has been socialized in any manner of situation and, though you can never fully trust any animal, I am quite comfortable with my 2 yr old and my 10 mo old crawling all over him... he just sits there...

when I was 10, I was bitten b y an alaskan husky adn have been a little wary of dogs when they make that particular low down growl... anyone that's ever been attacked by a dog knows what I mean by that... it gets your cackles up does it not?

consequently, I have no qualms about kicking/punding/punching/whacking a dog that comes at me, my kids/wife or my dog. If you can't control you dog, I am no doubt gonna protect myself and my family

I remember seeing some video of a little wiener dog that had narcalepsi (sp?) ... thing just run around and BAMN!!! ... he'd fall dead asleep ... lol

here it is....

video

don't mean to change the subject but since you're talking about cats...does anyone have, or has anyone seen, the video clip of the cat grabbing hold of the ceiling fan and getting whirled around and then tossed into the wall (sorta like k9sar's clip)? i hate to laugh but it's pretty funny.

here's a link to it....

Video

NOTE: I had a cat for 18 years and still love them. The fact that I posted the link to these was due to the funny nature of the video. (and to take a poke at 88 ;) )