How steep?

fondo

Anyone ever pushed the envolope and seen what kinda incline a stock (or nonstock) pathy can take. Is there a factory spec on angles achieved. Of coarse I mean having the rig perpendicular to the incline (not straight up and down). I know I have been pretty close to a roll over (so I think) and was pretty impressed. I know there are a lot of factors involved in this measurement, but just a general angle would be nice to know and maybe some examples... sly

i say you get one of dem dare little meters that shows angle degrees, go out, slap that puppy off camber and let us know at what angle she rolls :D:P j/k

impressively enuff, pathy's can lean over a long way before feeling unstable..... but i prefer NOT to be the first to roll 'er over..... however. ask jeep rescue about rolling over sssh

I know that the r50 rolls sideways at 37 degrees stock. As far as incline and decline, it's pretty hard to flip unless you drive down a wall or go off camber ;).

Gotta have that wood grain sly

:laugh:

I have one similar to those, but it is kind of limited on how many degrees it will read. I also have a stock Toyota one and it is limited too. I have seen a lot of people using these Lev-O-Gauge .

Edited by GrimGreg

I rolled mine on it's side but I was doing like 25 sideways when it happened. It would not have happened if my rear tire did not blow, causing the rim to dig in to the dirt and send her over. Got her winched back over, tire changed, let it sit so fluid would run back to where it was supposed to be then started her up and drove her 3 hours in a blizzard with no drivers side window yeah it sucked real bad.

Mine will go to 40degs easy, but feels really tippy at 45. I've got a inclinometer that shows up to 45degs. I've had it passed the 45 mark but had a couple of guys holding the roof to get thru a washed out obstacle. The trail was fine a couple of weeks before then 2inches of rain changed all that.

You also have to factor in the pitch while off camber. It feels alot more unstable when going down a steep hill off camber than it does going up the same hill. It's fun to scare the crap out of people riding with you when you can see your gauge(they can't) and get it real close to flopping just for effect. :D Other than that little trick I'd say inclinometers are not necessary equipment because you kinda instinctively know how far you can push it. That little gauge is the last thing I look at while wheeling in a risky situation. I only check sometimes for reference when the thought hits me. :beer: