Huge R-50

zonianbrat

I went to Boulder on buisness today and headed down a road called baseline. Close to the intersection of baseline and broadway there was a vehicle under a tarp as it had been rolled. All I could tell was that is was lifted way high on like atleast 35 or even 38's I was passing by and quickly noticed in the mirrow that it looked like a rear hatch froma R50 but I was running behind so I could not turn around. ONce I was done on my way back I looked for it but I was with a salesman so I could not stop but i did glance and see the truck again and it is a R50 and it is freakin huge!! I am pissed I did not have my camera with me. I will bring my camera next weekand head over to boulder to purposely check it out. Tyler are you gonna be in Boulder anytime soon????

I know, I wanna find out more about this too Tyler. I am debating on makinga small road trip this weekend or I might have to wait until one day next week and just go over there during work. It is sitting in a tiny parking lot behind what looks like some apartments. It is not too far from campus close to the corner of baseline and broadway heading west on baseline on the right hand side of the road. Granted I just got a quick glance but man I swear this thing was HUGE! I think it was rolled because there was a tarp on it and it looked a bit crushed but then again I did just get a glance. I already put my camera in my truck so I wont forget it next time.

Ok I was back in the area and snapped a couple of crappy pics of the truck. Before I had just driven by so I was not 100 percent positive it was a R50 ( i was like 90 percent sure). Anyway it is a R50 and it looks like he has done a sub frame drop as far as I can tell. I could not get too close to it for very long as I was running late and I could not find anywhere to park. I had to block off the alley and get out and snap some quickies before getting honked at!! Originally I thought it was just rolled and had a tarp put on it but it looks like he rolled it before maybe and just decided to cut the roof and part of the back hatch off although it does lean hard to one side?? I wish I could have seen it without the tarp but oh well. I will try to make it back by there sometime and leave him my # and this website. I just did not have time to do much else.

T-day041.jpg

T-day042.jpg

T-day044.jpg

T-day043.jpg

Wow. Interesting! Someone not affiliated with the online R50 community who made his own subframe drop! :o Who'dafiggered?

Well, it's not SAS, or I would probably be taking a roadtrip out to visit this guy to ask him a few questions! :D

Yeah that would be creepy seeing some guy sneaking around your house taking pics...thats when I'd bring the paintball gun out and fire some body warning shots. ;)

Yeah I would do the same thing dank, If I would have had the time I would have knocked on his door. That way I could have talked to him a little bit about it. Maybe next time.

That is F'n AWESOME! Good job Zion. I think thats great, like Dean said, that someone not a part of the R50 community has his own high lift going! And wheeling the Chit out of it too! I was about to chit myself if that thing had a SFA! I think its only a matter of time.... C'mon Dean dooo eeeet! SAS!

This was that one of the guys on CO4x4 said...

I've seen that truck,don't know the year, but its the 2nd to latest genny I'd guesss, it's maroon, its beat to hell with rash all over it, looks like it had a mild lift 3" or so and cut fenders and 35's. Other then that it looks stock besides some rims. They just recently they cut the roof off this summer I think. It's not built man, more like a POS beater I think.

Those pictures give me some ideas for how to cut my fenders.... :o

If I go to any concerts in Boulder anytime soon I need to try and leave a note on this guys Pathfinder to join here and give us some info. I'm really curious how he did the lift up front, and if there are any "serious" suspension mods.

EDIT: Just noticed something else...what does that sign on the rear say? Looks like it isn't registered since it doesn't have plates???

Edited by tmorgan4

I did not get to check out the tire size unfortunately. I was in a hurry and did not want any uneeded attention as I was in my company truck. I think your right about the cage Tyler. The truck definetely did not have normal tags, it looked like normal temp tags but I did not pay too close attention. From what I have seen it does not look like a beater and I think there is definetely more than 3 inches of lift. I am wondering why it leans to the drivers side so bad.Either way the truck looks cool to me and I want to know more about it. The way the fenders are cut is awesome, they looked professionally done.

Worst case we'll have to check it out when it gets a little warmer and hopefully the tarp will be gone. I'd really like to see how he cut the fenders since I'm planning on doing mine soon.

That lean has me wondering too!

Edited by tmorgan4

i dont really like the way he cut his fenders, those tires dont look bigger then 33s really, his fender cutting exposes too much of the inner fender i think. but yet im guessing its a trail rig only so it serves its purpose, and i think judging from the drivers side pic that maybe a rear spring block or something isnt installed, the front looks installed.