Because of this.....

crashalg3.jpg

crashbjn8.jpg

My Pathy now has this....

dsc02566cs4.jpg

dsc02567ib3.jpg

dsc02568rj2.jpg

A brand new ARB winch bar.

The Pathy pics are all in the garage because of this....

dsc02570ug3.jpg

That is the gearbox with two large cracks in it.

Credit where credit is due though.. The gearbox was on its way out for about 3 or 4 months amd sounded like a pot full of nuts and bolts being shaken. So it was not suprising that some of what was making all that noise wanted to exit the box with a huge bang! Strange though that she still drove in all gears with that type of damage.

But because of this. I am putting this in....

getragox0.jpg

It is a getrag... The strongest 5 speed that holden have. No need for a breather either. The box is fully sealed (just the way the're made) and will operate under water like a sub.

I will be picking up my divorced/remote transfercase either to ight or tomorrow. I will post up a pick of that when I get it.

The Nissan gear box/transfercase is out (removed them last night).

I have to bolt up the getrag and fab up a new crossmember for it before I can fit the divorced transfer case and its new fabbed crossmember.

All in all, at the end of the day, I should have a bullet proof drivetrain.

Edited by Vsicks Pathy

nice bar, although I do like the polished raw steel finish of the old one. did you lose a hella in that fender bender?

Edited by skrillaguerilla

nice bar, although I do like the polished raw steel finish of the old one. did you lose a hella in that fender bender?

The polished alloy bar looked real good polished. It just took too much time and effort to polish it. Besides that, most of the time it would look good only for a couple of days before it was covered in sh!t again.

The polished alloy bar looked real good polished. It just took too much time and effort to polish it. Besides that, most of the time it would look good only for a couple of days before it was covered in sh!t again.

heh, how much does that shiny new fender stick out compared to the rest of the abused paint?

I'm suprised how the TJM gave like that... I hope to hell mine would fair better. :blink:

Looks sweet Vsicks!! I wanna new arb bumper. Miine tooka beating this past week after the blizzard. I played a lot and while I was plowing through snow I seemed to push the blinker inside and slightly bent the bumper.

heh, how much does that shiny new fender stick out compared to the rest of the abused paint?

I'm suprised how the TJM gave like that... I hope to hell mine would fair better. :blink:

The whole front end and drivers door stick out like a sore thumb.

Once the gearbox is done I will have it blending in in no time. ;)

OK, my Pathy isn't giving me much love at the moment. I can not for the life of me get a straight answer on the dimentions of a duel mass flywheel. Why do I need that info I hear some of you thinking out loud?

I have had my gear box in and out several times. The pressure plate fouls with the gearbox housing? I even put the old adaptor on and hoped like buggery that it would clear. The extra 12mm I got came close... but no dice.

I have some figures of the duel mass flywheel and it makes less and less sense as to why my setup is fouling.

I might look at getting a Supra (I KNOW! Sh!tota) box and a conversion bellhousing if I get no love soon.

What adds salt to this wound is that I can not progress any further. I can't put the divorced transfer case in because I don't know where it will sit. Likewise I can't get any shafts made for the same reason.

Some pics of the divorced transfercase anyway.

Whats in that wee box?

dsc02886ff8.jpg

There she be. These things are tiny. they are also capable of coping with 1000 ponies non stop.

dsc02888ko0.jpg

Compare if you please.

dsc02889go3.jpg

On the bench with brackets attached.

dsc02896hc8.jpg

dsc02894bl4.jpg

The stubbie is there for scale purposes only. lol

I pick up the 6mm plate and the supports on saturday morning. It will be bolted in as a single unit. More pics to come.

Edited by Vsicks Pathy

lookn good steveo

why the dual mass fly wheel?

why not just a normal fly wheel?

:beer:

I am trying my best to use a standard flywheel and I will not spend $1200+ on a POS duel mass or solid after market flywheel.

Here's what I don't understand......The duel mass flywheel is over 50mm thick and a standard VR V6 one is only 36mm thick. Yet with the pressure plate bolted up I can't pull the box up to the motor. Even using the Nissan to Holden adaptor (12mm thick) it still fouls. For all intensive purposes the bloody thing seems to be either too deep (Flywheel and pressure plate together = 84.9mm) or too bloody wide. Noone seems to be able to tell me the collective depth of the duel mass and pressure plate, nor are they able to say what the diameter is. Just commodore and street commodore claim to be a be all end all of information. I have been waitng for days for the smart people to show up. Still no luck!

I forgot to add that the combo I am using is a standard V6 flywheel, a standard duel mass/getrag spigot bush (fits perfectly into the crank), getrag thrust bearing (will have to be modified) Mazda B2600 clutch plate (fits the getrag spline) and Commodore HD V8 pressure plate.

Edited by Vsicks Pathy

isnt dual mass possibly the most expensive way to go about this?

yes nice power transfer but very $$$$$$

excuse my stupidity if your using a getrag why not stock fly wheel, pp and clutch?

me thinks im missing something here??