New to the crew

Ditch

Where did my love of the truck begin?

My dad bought a Pathfinder the first year they came out. Great truck, but it introduced me to a new definition of the term "base model". I didn't know that you could buy a manual transmission car without a tachometer and that they still made AM only radios in 1987. I think he sold it a year later for more than he paid. Dad's quite the deal maker.

Roll the clock forward a few years and Dad gets a used 1990 XE 2 door. This bad boy took us camping, towed the boat, got me to the river/mountain and back, and drove through it's share of puddles. My first girlfriend and I spent hours making out in it (don't think we ever 'test drove' it though, that was the other car). Dad finally sold it after one too many pulls of the boat over the Coquihalla Pass without a transmission cooler.

Roll the clock forward again to this summer and I decided it was finally time to get a Pathfinder of my own. It's been a big upgrade for me, going from all manual sedans to an automatic truck with leather heated seats and power windows. The AC blows cold and I've got all the receipts from the original owner. It even came with the original sunroof cover.

It took me until the end of November to get it good and stuck.

But now I've discovered and joined this damn forum so I can see there's going to be a lot of work in the future. Glad to be on board.