hola amigos

muttmobile

hello everybody!

got myself a new ride last week:

2521918880038855478S425x425Q85.jpg

2wd 2001 LE

black leather interior (i love that interior)

seems to be in very good condition

i took off her crossbars and running boards (which seemed completely useless, except as a step-up to get to the roof rack).

poured in some mobil 1 5w30 motor oil.

i'll be changing her transmission fluid next with something full synthetic. she hasn't had a change in nearly 40k according to previous owners records (lots of records, they were pretty good to her).

in her future:

tinted front windows

new rubber (the dueler h/t on right now get horrible reviews on tirerack, i'm thinking of replacing them with firestone destination a/t (which i've got on my expy) 265 70 16 (think those will fit?)).

thinking of doing the 4runner deckplate mod to her.

i wont be doing any offroading, but this seems like an active forum so i thought i'd give it a try.

her main purpose is driving the 4 mutts around and giving me something to play with.

thanks for browsing (comments and questions are welcome),

alex

Welcome to the message board! Whats the 4runner deckplate mod?

it's just as 88pathoffroad says. i had been looking into buying a 4runner before deciding on the pathfinder, and the 4runner guys seemed to get pretty excited over this deckplate mod so i thought i might try it on the pathfinder (not that she really needsthe extra umph).

looks like it enables a bit better air flow, however it is hot engine air (88pathoffroad may disagree with this statement), and it will likely add a bit of a roar. i like the way you can just close it up if you decide you don't like it.

http://www.yotatech.com/showthread.php?t=1...t=deckplate+mod

nothing major, just looks like it may be fun.

al

Welcome WAVEY

Where are you from? I wouldn't really call the Destination an A/T if it's the same tread as here in NZ.

Any tyre questions just PM me :takebow:

i'm not saying not saying the destination a/t is a competent a/t tire, that's just what it's called: destination a/t.

i wouldn't actually want a true a/t tire since i primarily drive on the road, i just liked the look of this tire and it was rated extremely high. so far it's been a great road tire, very quiet and handles/holds gobs better than the contitrac that came with my expy.

i'm in woodland hills, california (a suburb of LA).

thanks for the PM offer,

al

Sorry my bad I looked up USA tyres today and the A/T are diff to the H/T's we have here.

Useful thread

http://www.nissanpathfinders.net/forum/index.php?showtopic=5948

thanks for the thread - there's a lot of info there (just browsed through it). i'll look it over more carefully once i get closer to getting new tires. i also have to figure out what's the biggest size i can fit under my stock '01. from the reading i've done so far it looks like 265/70/16 will be the best bet.

but i think i'll be making my first upgrade in the stereo department. gonna replace the dying bose h/u with something nicer and ipod friendly. i found a nice pioneer on crutchfield that you can hook up to the steering wheel controls as well.

al