New guages

zonianbrat

Well I finally got around to puting my guages in a week ago then today finally put it all back together. All in all it was easy. I cracked the clear lense in front of the guages in the top right corner but now that it is all back togehter you can not see it so that worked out good. The install was easy except when I put my needles back on at first they did not register correctly but after driving down the road and adjusting them at the same time I got them all working correctly again. I chose not to replace the fuel and temp guage because I thought it would be "too much". I think I made the right choice with just replacing the two big guages. I am really happy with them so far.

Guagepics001.jpg

Guagepics003.jpg

Guagepics002.jpg

Guagepics005.jpg

On the topic of gagues, when they finally die, how are we supposed to replace them? Noone sells the ones with the analog style odometer on ebay, its all digital... how do we go about changing them? Also, would one from an 99+ fit in my 97?

BTW, get some gas dude.

Edited by SaKaNa

I know exactly what you mean REd. That is kinda why I only replaced the two big guages, I thought having all 4 would be too much and too distracting. When I first turned on my lights and it was dark outside I practically got sunburnt!! They are freakin bright and very distracting due to the brightness!! I just dimmed them a bit and so far I truly like them. I will update this thread once I have had them longer than a week.

I really wish I could gat a set in a dark maroon.

Edited by zonianbrat

I thought that I wanted some white-faced but now that I have these and they are totally different I dig em. I ride with my buddy in his maxima with the usual white-faced which I really like during the day but when you turn the lights on they look kinda crappy and boring.

Anything like that for a WD21 floating around? say..... Green ones?? :D

I don't know off hand what a WD21 gauge set looks like but there are a few auctions on ebay that are selling them. There's one for a 92-94 Pathy...

92-94 Glo gauges

And for a 90-92...

90-92 Glo Gauges

You can see for yourself which of these look like your gauges.

Well I have been driving the pathy around with the new guages getting used to them and final verdict is....I think they are awesome1!! The pics do not reall do them justice as far as nighttime. I snapped some pics at night but they did not come out at all. When you turn on the lights if you have the dimmer switch turned all the way bright they light up the interior. I have already gotten a comment about them and the guy wanted to know where I got them. I do turn down the dimmer so as not to affect my vision!!!

Nice... I was thinking, why didn't he just change the fuel and temp guage? I thought it would look better with it all changed.

Was it difficult to remove the cluster? A friend of mine pulled his off and painted the bulbs. Looked pretty sweet when he lit them up. I was thinking of doing the same.

I think we're all waiting for some night pics..

DJ do you have white gauges? Ive been looking all over for them!

Yeah I have the white gauges that glow blue and green via a switch and dimmer. Yes they are hard to find these days. When I got them a few years ago, Ebay was flooded with them. I did manage to find a site about 6 months ago that apparently still carried them but I can't remember what the link was. I'll try and find it for you.

Wow, I had better not go that route, cause just the highbeam indicator light is distracting to me :lol:

Edit: Since we are sorta on the topic of gauges and you mentioned the needle. My speedometer needle is warping from the sunlight does anyone else have that problem.

Edited by Jdpathy

Your speedometer needle is warping from the sunlight? Wow never heard of that problem before. I've got 5% tint on the front windows so I've never encountered that prob. Are you sure the sunlight is the culprit? Its hard for me to imagine that sunlight can be directed so precisely into your gauges and onto the needles to cause them to warp... :shrug:

How bad is the warp? Post some pics!

Now you have an excuse..."You say I was going 80 officer? Sorry, my warped needles said that I was going 70" :lol:

Edited by DJ Dank

I dunno about you guys, but $14 shipping is godawful high for a 8-ounce package with gauge faces and some wiring. Did you know that Ebay has been cracking down on excessive shipping like that? Go to the bottom of the auction page and click "Report This Item" then choose "Listing Policy Violations" then choose "Excessive Shipping and Handling". Items that cost more to ship than they do when the auction ends are largely reportable.

I dunno about you guys, but $14 shipping is godawful high for a 8-ounce package with gauge faces and some wiring. Did you know that Ebay has been cracking down on excessive shipping like that? Go to the bottom of the auction page and click "Report This Item" then choose "Listing Policy Violations" then choose "Excessive Shipping and Handling". Items that cost more to ship than they do when the auction ends are largely reportable.

Good info 88 :clap:

Nice... I was thinking, why didn't he just change the fuel and temp guage? I thought it would look better with it all changed.

Was it difficult to remove the cluster? A friend of mine pulled his off and painted the bulbs. Looked pretty sweet when he lit them up. I was thinking of doing the same.

I think we're all waiting for some night pics..

I bought white face Green/ blue glow for my 95.

post-1-1166539633.jpg

Those look pretty good Killvox!! I like the green trim or bezel thingy. And Jdpathy, It did take some getting used to as far as teh brightness of the guages. You can turn them down ofcourse. I personally like them being bright. I will try again with the night pics, but my digital camera kinda sucks for low-light, I snapped a couple with and without the flash and they just came out looking like crap, you could not see the glow of the guages. I really want to see some pics of your speedo needle being warped. I have never heard of this before ever. When I changed out my guages I had to take the needles off and in some cases manipulate them a bit to get past the stoppers and they are not some cheap flimsy plastic. Is your speedo needle the only one "warping" what about the tach? We need pics and answers.

I've seen speedo needles warp before. Real hot sun will do that to plastic sometimes.

Try setting your camera up on a tripod or stable surface aimed at the gauges, then set it for no flash and up the exposure time to a full second or so. That should give you a nice glowy-but-sharp pic.

Wow sweet guages killvox, I've been debating if I should order them. But I was really intrested is the clock light at the bottom, I've got a '93 and my clock light is burnt out, does anyone have any suggestions on how to replace the bulb and what size it is?