Gas Prices?

BigMike

• Replies 230
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

if jdud's exchange is right and my calculator is right that would be aprox 2.75/gal, so I guess even if we Canuck have funny money it would still be more expensive for you American to cross the border.......eh! :P

Here in Jersey, we are around $2.05 for 87, but my Audi takes 93 so I'm now up to $2.15+. Thankfully the Mobil station here has 10 cents off on super on Mondays and Thursdays.

I don't know what is worse, paying for super but getting better gas mileage for my car or paying for regular and my Pathfinder getting crappy gas mileage.

My Audi has a 16 gallon tank and gets 400 miles to the tank is I don't mess around, but the pathy has a 21 gallon tank and if I'm lucky, I get 300 miles!

SHEESH!

In Adelaide South Australia - petrol (unleaded) is $1.00 a litre and diesel $1.03 a litre. Not sure what that calculates in US but it still sounds expensive!!

Buzz :beer:

In Adelaide South Australia - petrol (unleaded) is $1.00 a litre and diesel $1.03 a litre. Not sure what that calculates in US but it still sounds expensive!!

Buzz 

you mean to tell me diesel is more expensive there??? that's wierd.

here gas is at 99.9 a litre, no one wants to be the first to push it over 1.00

Guest trentdub

I paid 2.25/gal. for 87 last night here in So.Cal. I haven't seen gas under 2.00 for months, even at Costco.

Most of the gas in Cali comes from the refineries that're actually located there. The rest is imported from overseas. A lot of it comes in through the East Bay area. So...I guess closeness to a refinery or import center doesn't have much to do with it.

Jeez Buzz, can't believe diesel is more expensive than Petrol!!!!!!!!!

Do you guys have to pay road user charges on top of that or is it included in the price like petrol??

I think your government is jipping you!!!!

How can diesel be more expensive???????????

I just can't get my head around that. :blink:

Diesel is about half the price of petrol here, but then we pay RUC on top of that seperatly.

Road usage charge? Not here. How's that work? Like a toll or something? That's why we sit around b*tching about where our tax dollars are going, because the roads are supposed to be rolled into the bill. But then that's why they talk about the $500 toilet seats in the Pentagon. The $$$ is obviously going somewhere... BTW, we're looking at $2.23 for 87 at the cheapest AM/PM Arco here, maybe a tad cheaper at Costco (Kent, WA). Its getting worse really quick.

Yeah road tax is included in the price of petrol, but not in diesel, so diesel is dirt cheap at the pump, but you have to pay road tax seperatly.

You know, make a trip down to the Post Office and pay for them, you get a label that goes in your window with what your speedo said when you got it and how many Km's you have got from there.

Last time i brought 10,000 km's worth of road tax, and that cost $NZ250. So that made the diesel per litre $NZ0.78. Price at pump has since gone up so it will be more expensive over all.

Diesel Boy - Yep we are being ripped off big time. Unleaded went to $1.08.9c per litre and diesel was $1.04 ish on weekend!! Gov. says its related to the falling Aust dollar and the increase in crude oil prices overseas. What I can't understand is the fuel we use today wasn't refined yesterday. So if it was obtained say 6months ago at a lower price, who is getting the profit........... probably oil companies first and then government as they tax the fuel per litre!!! (higher price = higher revenue/tax) Also Australia has it's own oil resources (not 100%) so you would think the influence from overseas would be proportional to our dependence on the Middle East.......??????????

Am I looking at things all wrong????

Buzz :beer:

This is my first real post. Here in Crossville, TN

Hey 94pathytn, nice to here from someone in my neck of the woods. I live in West Tennessee. Gas here is from 1.94 to 1.99 for 87 Octane. :wacko: Oh well, I guess we would spend that money somewhere, huh? sly sly

I honestly reckon its the gas stations that are the ones that are lossing out the worst over here!!!!

They made the little money that they did not from selling the fuel but all the goddies inside the station like lollies, drinks,mags, etc.

Now the prices are so high that people cringe when they see the price at the pump, march in the door, pay and march right back out again. They already spent enough on the gas with out buying other stuff too.

Im just waiting to see stations closing down all over the place.

I saw something once about how stations often only made something like 5 cents per gallon. Maybe it was more, but it was low and interesting to think about. Its the oil companies that are raking it in. And, for those of you not local to Western WA, there was a fire on a local pipeline the other day, so they had to shut down the area. Now they're saying it may have a nice little impact on prices and supply locally in the short term Fun!