i may be getting a new pathfinder

mikemike

he doesnt know hahah

theres the writing on my hubs that mine has, but then again it could just as easily say maual locking hubs..

my 90 has automatic hubs..

the way you say 'already has manual hubs too methinks' makes it sounds like having manual hubs is a good thing.. is it?? i have no problems iwht my auto

Somebody else will chime in about the hubs. Apparently the auto hubs make you lose like 1-2 mpg's and it means something is always spinning hence "wearing". I want to put a set of Warn manual hubs on but the simple truth is my wife drives it during the weekdays when she has our little one so during winter it is alot easier for her to just switch it to 4wd and go instead of stopping and getting out to lock the hubs. :aok: After all gotta keep baby happy. :)

Buy it and keep both... Then you have one to drive and one to play with.... Having 2 an buying 2 of everything is not th easiest thing to do... Pick the one your going to make the toy, and when its done then go back and do the things you know the other one needs for upgrades.....

Somebody else will chime in about the hubs. Apparently the auto hubs make you lose like 1-2 mpg's and it means something is always spinning hence "wearing".

Not on a WD21... these are Auto Locking hubs not drive flanges like R50's have. Auto hubs simply engage and disengage themselves while drive flanges lock the front end in at all time and cannot be unlocked unless you remove them and install auto or manual hubs.

I think the reason Skinny said that is because they look like they may be manuals in the pic ;)

I want to put a set of Warn manual hubs on but the simple truth is my wife drives it during the weekdays when she has our little one so during winter it is alot easier for her to just switch it to 4wd and go instead of stopping and getting out to lock the hubs. :aok:  After all gotta keep baby happy. :)

You could simply lock in the warns during the winter and it would have the same exact effect as your current drive flanges have... but when the bad weather starts to ease up you have the option of unlocking them ;)

the way you say 'already has manual hubs too methinks' makes it sounds like having manual hubs is a good thing.. is it?? i have no problems iwht my auto

Manual hubs are somewhat stronger than auto hubs, and you get the peice of mind of knowing for sure that your hubs are locked...

Personally I'd take the convenience of auto hubs over manuals.

At work (a bodyshop) we use a round eraser that fits into a drill, works purrfect and leaves nothing but a shiny surface :aok: my mind is drawing a blank on the name of it right now, but just go to an auto parts store and ask about a 'eraser drill attachment', if the people are good for anything, they'll know what your talkin 'bout.

Also, a cheaper route would be to use a heatgun (if you have one) and heat up the stickers on letter at a time and slowly slowly slowly start peeling the letters off. If your lucky, you can get the whole thing off like this. You could always use a dab of solvent on a clean rag or better a peice of lintfree papertowel, get two peices, one with solvent and one to wipe it off right away, since you dont want to pay for a new paint job. The solvent breaks down the glue so it comes off easier.

Wow, that was alot to write about on removal of some lousy stickers! :lol: