my snorkel

97vapathy

• Replies 68
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

how is it on the hwy? I'm just wondering if there is any venturi action working against you at higher speeds sucking the air back up the intake and making the motor work harder. Otherwise I think you'll be wet long before your engine dies. awesome.

i have not been on the highway with it yet but around i really noticed no difference. As far as the rain i have a 45 degree bend at the top that makes it face back towards my roof rack. i still dont know if this will keep the rain out though.

101_0231.jpg

Edited by 97vapathy

It is probably a good trail setup, as was suggested, why not put a disconnect coupling in so you install it off road and leave it off otherwise. Do you have any pics off the setup under the hood, I would be interested in seeing how that all connects.

i will try and get some today. for now i have cut a 2in hole in the side of the intake box and just ran the pipe in though that. i am looking for a groment to go around it but silcone is woring just fine for now. if i cover the hole at the top the engine will die so i think it is sealed pretty well. i will also silcone the top of the intake box once everything is done.

yeah i thought about getting one of those heads i just dont know if they would fit on a 2 in pipe. i thought all theres were 3 in

I don't know if you can even buy a head separatly. That's what I was looking for when posting the link. Maybe call an ARB distributor and see if they can sell you just the head. You never know if they have a damaged or returned unit that cant re-sale.

Don't sweat it you've got a good idea there and should be proud of your achievement.

In order for a snorkel to be effective, doesnt the exhaust also have to exit from above the water?

a good analogy would be a person snorkeling around in some water.

They need the snorkel to breathe air and not to ingest any water (bent valves, hydrolocked engine)

But you can poo-poo and pee-pee all you want underwater. Your weiner will not ingest any water.

Ever seen a truck dip its rear end into the water when launching a boat? The exhaust just bubbles, there is absolutely no chance of water getting in the exhaust as long as the engine is running and breathing only air.

Edited by FUELER

But you can poo-poo and pee-pee all you want underwater. Your weiner will not ingest any water.

Oh my! :D

I was just thinking the analogy is breathing air in from mouth, Carbon dioxide out nose.

Your analogy is much more funny, and point is quickly taken.

• 1 year later...
a good analogy would be a person snorkeling around in some water.

They need the snorkel to breathe air and not to ingest any water (bent valves, hydrolocked engine)

Just to bring up an old subject:

Adam have you pissed (which is very plossable & I am sure that most of us do this) or sh!t yourself while snorkeling? Did you come up with this analogy cause one day while snorkeling in Baja you dropped a chocolate Baby Ruth in the ocean? Just curous man.

Did you come up with this analogy cause one day while snorkeling in Baja you dropped a chocolate Baby Ruth in the ocean? Just curous man.

Dude, please don't answer that question, or if you do, reply in private. I don't want to know! TMI! :ohno01:

Just to bring up an old subject:

Adam have you pissed (which is very plossable & I am sure that most of us do this) or sh!t yourself while snorkeling? Did you come up with this analogy cause one day while snorkeling in Baja you dropped a chocolate Baby Ruth in the ocean? Just curous man.

I dont recall pooping in the water in Baja but I did in fact once do this in the Baltic sea.

I was on an island that is half Germany and half Poland... right on the border... snorkeling around in the Baltic Sea. There was people around but nobody near me. I felt a sudden urge that I had to go, and BAD. I love euro food but sometimes my stomach can't handle it that well. The nearest public toilet was over a block away from the beach and I knew I wouldn't make it. So I went stealth mode, pulled my pants down in the water and let 'er rip while I swam, making sure nobody could see me pooping. It was pretty nasty, it was a bunch of chunks floating in the water. There are no waves like here in California so it was just floating around.

As soon as I finished, I started making my exit to the beach, when I noticed a young guy and a girl (couple) frolicking in the water, splashing eachother and just having a good time. They were headed in the direction of the disaster area.

By now, I was already 100+ feet away, on the shore, watching the couple from afar. They were in ground zero. The girl seems to have spotted something in the water! What could it be? I felt dirty just watching the events unfold. I thought "is this really happening".... The girl picks something up in her hand and inspects. She doesn't know what the waterlogged, soft brown chunk is. Is it mud? She brings it closer to her face. Suddenly, in a seisure-like action, she throws her new treasure a few feet away and with a disgusted look on her face, starts yelling something to her boyfriend.

I was silently laughing to myself on the beach, but in retrospect i think it was pretty damn nasty. Little did they know, the culprit was watching them from afar like some sort of sick weirdo. I didn't do it on purpose!!

Edited by FUELER