Nology ignition wires...

SkinnyPedal

So I am looking at doing a bit of a tune up on the old girl and wondered if anybody had any experience with these:

Linky #1

Linky #2

Are there any electrical experts out there that can comment on the following?

HotWires are engineered with a special built-in capacitor, exclusive only to HotWires. This revolutionary design allows energy from the ignition coil to accumulate in the capacitor until the voltage at the spark plug electrodes reaches the ionization point. At that split second point the entire power of the stored spark is discharged at once, creating a spark 300 times more powerful.

Sounds like BS to me, but what do I know...They are over $400 CDN, and I can't imagine there are too many people driving WD21s that can afford that for a set of friggin' plug wires!

I am leaning towards the Taylor ThunderVolt 8.2 for about $160 CDN. Still not peanuts, but seem like good ones for the price.

correct me if im wrong but, i just dont think wire will add horse power so dont spend 250 on them. if you have a super coil putting out 50,000 watts of power then maybe stock wires arent good but i would reccomend just a set of like duralast wires some good sparkplugs and maybe get a new rotar and cap. thats what i did and it runs 100% better than before

BS IMO

i second that opinion. a capacitor being discharged on average 3000 times/minute at whatever wattage needed to create a spark at the plug would need to be pretty heavy duty...and probably wouldn't be able to fit INSIDE a wire housing...it'd probably run a lot more pricey to get a small capacitor that really did work.

Stay away from them Wayne, they're BS. The only way I can see there being ANY sort of benefit would be if you're running an MSD ignition, or similar. Get yourself a decent set of Taylor 8mm wires and be done with it. You can order them at Performance Improvements for about $100 CDN if I remember correctly.

Stay away from them Wayne, they're BS. The only way I can see there being ANY sort of benefit would be if you're running an MSD ignition, or similar. Get yourself a decent set of Taylor 8mm wires and be done with it. You can order them at Performance Improvements for about $100 CDN if I remember correctly.

You may want to try summit racing too. I think they are in back order though.

You may want to try summit racing too. I think they are in back order though.

Summit doesn't ship to Canada, if I remember correctly, and if they do, any savings will be lost through duties and such. Performance Improvements is fairly local to SkinnyPedal.

Guest SuperSon

NGK plug wires on ebay for $26 plus itll probably cost you another $20 to ship to canada.

Im using Napa beldens on mine and I cant tell the difference between the 2 . Napa has lifetime warranty. :cool2:

I tried the Beldens from Napa a while back and ended up returning them because they kept working their way off of the distributor cap :shrug:

Went back to my old wires and have yet to buy another replacement set... really need to though.

FWIW, I installed a set of $198 Magnecor KV85 "race" wires on my VG33 (part number #65155) at 78,000 miles in November 2001, and they're still performing great today (nearly 5 years and 69,000 miles later). They're just as pliable as the day I bought them.

How long are "normal" plug wires supposed to last?