The Top 10 Shrubisms

Harbinger

:lol:

Original Site Link

Top 10 Bushisms

From Daniel Kurtzman,

The Stupidest Things President George W. Bush Has Ever Said

10) "Families is where our nation finds hope, where wings take dream." —LaCrosse, Wis., Oct. 18, 2000

9) "I know how hard it is for you to put food on your family." —Greater Nashua, N.H., Jan. 27, 2000

8) "I hear there's rumors on the Internets that we're going to have a draft." —second presidential debate, St. Louis, Mo., Oct. 8, 2004

7) "I know the human being and fish can coexist peacefully." —Saginaw, Mich., Sept. 29, 2000

6) "You work three jobs? … Uniquely American, isn't it? I mean, that is fantastic that you're doing that." —to a divorced mother of three, Omaha, Nebraska, Feb.

5) "Too many good docs are getting out of the business. Too many OB-GYNs aren't able to practice their love with women all across this country." —Poplar Bluff, Mo., Sept. 6, 2004

4) "They misunderestimated me." —Bentonville, Ark., Nov. 6, 2000

3) "Rarely is the questioned asked: Is our children learning?" —Florence, S.C., Jan. 11, 2000

2) "Our enemies are innovative and resourceful, and so are we. They never stop thinking about new ways to harm our country and our people, and neither do we." —Washington, D.C., Aug. 5, 2004

1) "There's an old saying in Tennessee — I know it's in Texas, probably in Tennessee — that says, fool me once, shame on — shame on you. Fool me — you can't get fooled again." —Nashville, Tenn., Sept. 17, 2002

Edited by Harbinger

You work three jobs? … Uniquely American, isn't it? I mean, that is fantastic that you're doing that." —to a divorced mother of three, Omaha, Nebraska, Feb.

Uniquely american indeed -- to bad most don't see it as a positive point.

How could he feel compassion? He has no idea what reality is like for those of us who weren't brought up with silver spoons or actually had to work real jobs to survive. I seriously doubt he's ever had a moment in his life when he had to work for something. Daddy, oil billionaires (oops, he may have made them trillionaires by now....), and lobbyists have fulfilled his every wish and desire.

Edited by mws

The worst part about it all was that he was REEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEE-EEEEEEEEEEEEEEELECTED!!!!!!! how can over half the voting country have their heads that far up their ass for 4 years! Like we didn't know he was an idiot by then, and he still got elected! I dont get it, lets just move to canada. someday...

Well, the past is the past, you cant change it, you can only learn from the mistakes of yourself and others to hopefully influence the future. Unfortunately it does not seem that Bush is able to learn from his, and others', mistakes, which I think is is his biggest flaw as President.

• 3 months later...

no, i forgot all about it.. i never watch tv so it's easy to space stuff like that. i did just read the transcript.. ah.. what can i say that i haven't already. :shrug:

at this point it maybe a little too late. either more troops then that or none at all. more diplomacy is a must and has been from the beginning.. i think that's where we have totaly failed thusfar. i don't know if 17k of our boys can really make an impact in baghdad alone.. the brits had 400k soldiers in iraq in the 1920s against a 10th of the current population (2.5mil then.) from the things i have been reading it seems like we would need all of our current forces in that country (~125k) just in baghdad to even have a chance.

but the question is, a "chance" at what? what do we think we can achieve there? murder everyone who's not white?

it was just a complete lack of foresight. moving in there and destroying the existing power was relatively easy. but then what? you can't just completely destroy a country's infrastructure, quickly set-up a puppet-regime and expect everything to move smoothly from there. especially not in the middle east.

at this point there is really no way forward and no way out. nothing that will lead to good results. but sending in another 20k is simply going to overextend our armed forces. we have a huge # of military personnel on paper, but the actual number of 'point and shoot' (ie fighting) forces is pretty much used up right now.

thousands of american kids (mostly underprivileged) dead. 100s of thousands of iraqi civilians dead. and why? just so bush can hand out HUGE contracts to HUGE mega companies.

bush isn't an idiot. he's a bastard who should be sent to trial, impeached, and jailed.

and in case someone wants to start shouting about fighting for freedom - our freedoms were NEVER at risk from saddam. our freedoms are only at risk from the 'anti-terrorism,' and big-business laws the bush regime has been pushing through. and as far as the iraqi people are concerned, they had it 100% better under saddam's rule.

(where's the stepping off of soap-box smiley?)

later,

al

chance at stability. if we're gonna occupy that country then we need to really occupy it. right now we're playing whack a mole and it ain't working.

i've been against this conflict from before it even was talked about. i knew we were going there when shrub took office. 20 after that we bombed iraq.

at this point i don't think we should be withdrawing. that's only gonna be a bigger mess. if we do get ready for some crazy $10/gal stuff besides all the other demons that will unleash.

Kinda like cleaning up after dropping a nuclear bomb, isn't it?

If you create a big enough mess, it is impossible to clean it up. No matter how many American soldiers and Iraqi civilians you sacrifice.

His place in he!! is reserved and clearly marked. Hopefully right next to Saddam. They deserve each other.

Edited by mws

Thought this applied....

We should have a best picture thread.

I like the hippy vote one. lol

Remember the good times in New Orleans?

greatholiday3ck.jpg

Speaking of Katrina.... Is NO back to its glory days yet? I have not heard anything for quite some time. :shrug:

Edited by Vsicks Pathy