Make sure your bicycle is in good condition.

Harbinger

So the pathy and vw were low on gas on monday. So I hop on my cannondale to bike to work.

I'm about halfway to work when I come down off a curb and something doesn't sound right.

The next thing I know I'm bleeding all over and two guys are coming over to help me.

Turns out either the front tire was loose or the fast disconnect broke. Ended up with the tire coming out of the front fork, getting caught in the brakes. Which equaled me face hitting the handlebars and then the pavement.

The two guys pulled me into their house and gave me a bunch of hydrogen perxoide and what not to clean up with. Then they threw my bike in the back of their chevy and gave me a ride home.

The g/f then took me to the ER where they gave me a total of 9 stitches.

So Let this be a lesson people, make sure your equipment is in good working order prior to using! And in the future I will be the dork wearing a full face motorcycle helmet when riding a bicyle.

post-25-1155135669.jpg

Damn slim... you look like you took a beating. Hope you recover quickly. I used to mountain bike alot and had an incident where the front wheel dropped out of the fork while coming off a ledge. Nothing says "oh sh!t" like knowing you are gonna land sans one wheel. Luckily, I had sand as an impact point and didn't get a case of asphalt poisioning like in your case.

So Let this be a lesson people, make sure your equipment is in good working order prior to using!

ok, I had to point out that this is a good rule for many aspects of life (and love)

:o poor harbie!!!!!!!!! geeeeeeeze! you took a bruisin. i wish you a speedy recovery and stick to the pathy from now on...

*mumbles to self*.....and people wonder why i won't go near a bicycle.........

Eh, I didn't take the pathy on monday because it still has snow tires on it and the tags are expired.

Money has been tight :(

And now I have to move!

Besides, the bike is (usually) good for your health and the eviroment. I'll be riding again in a little while though, after I replace the quick release hub, just to be sure.

Edited by Harbinger

Holy red raspberries. Hope you heal quickly. OUCH. makes me cringe. I know going over the handle bars sucks tooit happened to me on my dirtbike going like 30 down a trail. luckily I was wearing a helmet so I just bumped my noggin really good (made me a little stupider). And ofcourse all my friends I was riding with laughed at me. pssd

Holy $hit!!!

Thats not any fun...

Was that you we saw on Spike last night?

Alternate warm and cold wash clothes... it will help to dissapate the brusing...

Edited by Casey.T

lol... yeah.. you look real healthy in that pic..

hence the (usually) there smart arse :P

Holy freaking OUCH! What did your co-workers say when they saw you?

Well I sent a pic message to one of them yesterday that got passed around. But today everyone said I look worse than the picture.

Its funny the doubletakes I'm getting though, a little indian ladie named raj nearly passed out when she said hi to me this morning. ;)

Ouch tough break harb. Once I got a shoelace cought in my bike chain. I then hit the brakes but grabbed the front brake and not the rear... Damn near flipped over, I reacted quick enough to jump to the side so I didn't faceplant (still stacked pretty hard though).

Hope you have a speedy recovery!

I didn't even have a chance to react to this like you did. I came off that curb and the next thing I knew I was sitting on the ground.

pssd

Sitting or kissing?

Totally work the "ow it hurts baby angle" with your women.

It's working wonders for me so far!!

So wrong lol.

Haven't really inspected the bike yet -- but worst case scenario is replace the quick disconnect assembly and get back to riding.

I just plan on wearing a helmet from here on out.

Plus where I'm moving will shave 10 minutes off my bike ride time to work. :aok:

Haven't really inspected the bike yet -- but worst case scenario is replace the quick disconnect assembly and get back to riding.

I just plan on wearing a helmet from here on out.

Plus where I'm moving will shave 10 minutes off my bike ride time to work. :aok:

They say most accidents happen withhin 10 minutes of your home...or something like that.

Sitting or kissing?

Totally work the "ow it hurts baby angle" with your women.

It's working wonders for me so far!!

So wrong lol.

your lucky dude it didnt work for me....but then again that is one of the MANY reasons she is now my x :lol:

your lucky dude it didnt work for me....but then again that is one of the MANY reasons she is now my x :lol:

Women...sheeeesh, I tell ya.

Actually I think she feels guilty lol. She went out with her female friends the night before and showed up pretty late to the game.