new lift thought...

unccpathfinder

ok this is how i've thought about getting more lift out of our trucks for a while but never really heard of anybody doing it or a kit that offered it...so i saw it in a mag i think it was called sand addiction but its a pro comp lift for the 04-05 titan/armada...but it drops the front cross member down in turn increasing the lift...

all in all i have no idea the dimensions on the titan and armada cross member but imagine that its going to be longer than our trucks but didnt know if some1 had thought about either shortening it or making it work somehow...

and if for some reason i missed a member drop like that offered for our trucks i'll appoligize now b4 getting flammed

link to lift...but kinda crappy (no info really)

but the only way to get more lift would be to make it work somehow with 1 thats available now... :shrug:

Edited by unccpathfinder

ahh...so cant some1 make beefier drop brackets so they can be longer?...this lift limitation deal had me thinking while i was bored at work...theres gotta be some way to get more lift without a SAS without breaking the bank

The issue is the T-bars, you can make drop brackets 6' tall ( :crazy: ), but your T-bars are still going to hang low too. Without some sort of switch to a coil-over, air or strut setup in the front, droping crossmembers won't do much for ya.

hmm...so make new dropped brackets welded to the framefor the T bars that are shorter and fatter to handle the load (prob possible but not probable)

ohh well gimmie a couple of years in industry and i might stumble across something that will open a new door

theres gotta be some way to get more lift without a SAS without breaking the bank

No there isn't. Even if you could get 8+ inches of lift on IFS, what would you do with it? 35" or larger tires? They'd tear apart the front end so fast you'd be shopping for a D44 in a week.

Use the TM Rear Spring cans in combination with 3" lift springs... Geometry on the rear is now going to require longer trailing arms to put the center of the axle where it needs to be, brake lines, simple stuff....

Using the front axel drop bracket and LCA's are going to give us better CV angles, hopefully some more articulation depending on how much we crank the t-bars, Aftermarket UCA's... I dont think we will come close to the 7" of lift we got out of the rear....

(Mounting bracket to lower the connecting point of the UCA to the frame???)

I contacted TM and inquired about getting a set of rear cans and the drop bracket... never got a respones.. Called E-mailed... Nuffin

All it would take is time and $$$$$

Reason you have to drop the bars in ours is because they attach to the front crossmember with the LCA. A lot of other T-bar setups attach differently.

you know what ryan, i thought about that a long ass time ago and totally forgot about that

And as soon as you hit a trail, Hitachi and Nissan parts go flying everywhere in a beatuifully majestic shower of metal and oil.

hah...what a picture that would be.....

i think with all the work you would be doing to drop the Xmember, all the fab work, wouldnt it be worth it to just SAS it in the first place???

-sam

Auto parts store. Look in the tow hitch/tire accessory aisle. They make pairs of 1" rubber coil spring spacers that sell for about $10 or so. Dunno how stable they are though, they're kinda skinny.

And as soon as you hit a trail, Hitachi and Nissan parts go flying everywhere in a beatuifully majestic shower of metal and oil.

There was a guy rolling on 10" of lift for quite some time until he rolled it and got something else. I never heard of any problems with it. You HAVE to upgrade the steering, that's a gimmie.

• 5 months later...
Reason you have to drop the bars in ours is because they attach to the front crossmember with the LCA. A lot of other T-bar setups attach differently.

Yeah if you have the time, money and tools and you really[/] want to keep IFS, swap in the IFS from another truck where the TBars attach to the UCA... there are some out there, Toyota 86-95 for example...

hmmm... (*thinks back to the idea Martin and I have pondered*) ...nope, still no time to really jump into something like that :shrug: