My wheeling spot

unccpathfinder

so about a month ago they started cutting what i thought was more fire breaks in the woods near the house i use for wheeling...today i went out to dinner with the roomate and over 50% of it now is cleared flat getting ready for an apmt complex to go in...

y did they have to go and ruin my trails and the very small remaining woods that the family of deer had left to live in...they were suppossed to be growing up so we could go bow hunting sssh

:sniff: now i have to go investigate more trails that i've been needing to do for the past 4 years and they'll prob develop those next

eh, that happens everywhere...it sucks. we used to have miles and miles of county owned property that backed the local water tower....half of that was gone in a matter of a month or two....now some of the trails just lead to peoples back yards, its kinda funny that now we can just go from one end of the newly developed end of town, to the other without hitting pavement...

when i started school here there was nothing here just woods all around and now charlotte has moved outwards like most big city's and is pretty much growing rapidly towards harrisburg....yea i need to get my 87 runnin so i can go rompin and stompin to discover new trials

Same here all the way out in WA. All the spots we used to hit in high school years (mid-90's) are either completely gone and developed, or gated. One of them was actually undesirable land right along the north end of Lake Tapps (popular local lake) right off the highway on a steep bank under high voltage power lines. We used to wheel, ride dirt bikes and have bonfires there, and now they're selling vacant standard size lots there on the water starting at $975K each, only you're basically required to blow $1.5-2mil on your house as well. :blink: So much for that. We used to have tons of options within 5 miles, but now the nearest "safe" place is 25 miles away.

I think it's time I convince my dad to make an offroad park here, on some of our land... Hell, we've got alot to spare, its not like we have cows anymore, or use the land for haying...

That's a great idea...then your next step would be to post directions to your place :D

That sucks man, but at least you're a bowhunter cool.gif

well sorta...im working on it...my dad wouldnt ever take me hunting b/c he didnt hunt and wouldnt pick it up...so i've been learning a lil bit here and there with my buddies from school (which now moved away cuze of jobs grrr) but hopefully someday i'll make a decent hunter...

i could go for some deer jerkey or burgers right now

so about a month ago they started cutting what i thought was more fire breaks in the woods near the house i use for wheeling...today i went out to dinner with the roomate and over 50% of it now is cleared flat getting ready for an apmt complex to go in...

y did they have to go and ruin my trails and the very small remaining woods that the family of deer had left to live in...they were suppossed to be growing up so we could go bow hunting sssh

:sniff: now i have to go investigate more trails that i've been needing to do for the past 4 years and they'll prob develop those next

I feel your pain unc I have one little space I go its a nice sized lot where a house use to be and where the circular drive use to be is a mudhole not very big but its the cloesest thing I have

UNCC, I was just out there Sunday and was very disappointed when I saw what had happened. I was having a bad day and wanted to work out some frustrations and all that did was add to them. Maybe I should get a season pass to Uhwarrie. When's the next run there? :unsure:

i donno if NOAS is running anytime soon but once i have my 87 project done and the temp cools off i plan on going up for a weekend and camping..i'll shoot u a PM it'll prob be a good month or 2...

well theres still some good trails back there but those are the 1's that are rutted out too bad and if you dont have some1 with u u have a good chance of being screwed...

if u go past it and go across 29 pull a Uie at the 1st spot u can theres a trail cut back in the woods there...i havent checked it out but thats 1 of the 3 places i want to check out in the area...i have a feeling its going to be really swampy