CB Radios

Git_R_Done

Im Installing a CB radio in my 95 Pathy and wanted to know for those of you who have one where you mounted it I was thinking about putting it under the stereo deck since I have an aftermarket deck I have room there but don't know a way to mount it there

thanks

Bobby

Edited by Git_R_Done

im actually getting ready to do the same thing and i havent measured but i have a cobra and it wont fit under the radio so i think what im going to end up doing is putting the cb on top of the radio and move the radio to the bottom i'd just have to make some custom brackets...

heres a pic off of a diff forum

NewTires2004.jpg

DSCF0015.jpg

ignore all the wires and dirt and whatnot. its sittin for 6 months now so im redoin all my wires.how i put it makes it real simple to use and access, just a bitch to instal the brackets into that hard plastic below the radio with limited room to work.

oh yeah, i put the 4wheel drive knob on the gear and shifter and vica versa just in case you were wondering why they were like that, lol.

Edited by gabod7

I have a Cobra that has all the functions on the handset, and just a tiny box that mates all the wires. I tucked the box under my seat and put the handset clip on my center console. The box is like 4"Lx1"Wx1"H so it hides easy :aok: .

I have the same cobra that in the 1st picture its the 25 ltd when I get everthing in the mail I'll try to see if I can get it to fit. How you guys mount your antenna I wanna mount mine to the rear tire carrier but don't know what bracket to use?

Bobby

i sued the one thats supposed to go around the mirrors and have the cirvualr piece but i just ditched that piece and used thsi one. I drill two holes in the lower section of the tire carrier. and just bolted it in

• 2 years later...

Going to join a local jeep :rolleyes: club and need a CB to keep in touch with the trail leader.

I know there are probably numerous posts/pictures on installing a CB.

what kind,best place, and how to install.

But search engine won't do 2 letters.

Any links/pictures/opinions on installing a CB and antenna or

How to:search:for dummies? :stickwack:

http://npora.ipbhost.com//index.php?showto...75&hl=radio

here's my install...try searching radio and you'll find some more

http://npora.ipbhost.com//index.php?showto...48&hl=radio

Antenna INSTL:

2265146_44_full.jpg

the only issue with mounting it there is you have to open the tire carrier to open the glass...it would have mounted on the hinge on that little plate but i have a major personal issue with drilling visible holes and knew if it came to selling it someone may not want a CB mount (or its remaining holes) in the tire carrier visible so if I get my 95 here to CA thats where its mount is going to move to

Edited by unccpathfinder

p7220019mn0.jpg

i put an external speaker right above my right knee. you can see it in the pic

Edited by skrillaguerilla

Here's mine, I wanted to keep the storage pocket under the stereo. I cut an angled wood block, wrapped it in leftover carpet from the speaker box which matches close enough, then mounted the cb radio to it so its up at an angle directly to my eyes for easy operation.

DSC00075.jpg

DSC00078.jpg

DSC00081.jpg

There's still plenty of passenger leg room.

• Like 1

try flying j for all your accessories. cheap and they have everything.

X2 on the Fly'n J.

I bought a very nice Galexy 919 for teh wife's Subaru from there recently Price was awesome!

The Pathy is still holding out for a Connex 3300HP. If I'm gonna put a radio in my rig, I want it to talk.