I got it back!

wheel366

Well, I just got back from picking up the pathy. At the shop, they said they loved the way it sounds. So nice and quiet, but with a growl when you hit the gas. The new engine comes with a 3 year warranty. He is still waiting for my cams to be returned. He also didn't install my filter relocation kit. He wants the engine to break in first. He doesn't like the relocation kit. He thinks it looks cheap and is looking into something better. I also had to get a new clutch, throwout bearing, pilot bearing and have the flywheel resurfaced.

So..... $5125.17 later I have my truck back. He said to me "God, you must really love this truck". I said, "Wait till you see what I want to do next!"

Well, I'm off to Virginia and I'm taking the pathy with me to break inthe engine.

Wish me luck.

Derogate.....read THIS

wheel went through quite an episode with his truck.....

I echo JJ's sentiments here, Wheel366.....Glad you have it back, and I hope to hell you never go through something like that again. Enjoy it bud! :beer:

Well, I'm in Virginia. Made it without blowing the new engine. Getting pretty good gas mileage too. I have 1/4 of a tank left and have 275 miles to the tank.

The steering is still sloppy. That happened after I put the lift in. When I get back, I'm gonna order the calmini steering kit. Then, new cats and later this year I'll get some new rims and some 33X12.5's. There is a strong possibility that I'm going to get my chip upgraded and get that electric fan.

I'm not sure how long I have to wait to break in the engine, but I'll ask when I get back. Once it's broken in, I'll have them put the new cams in.

Oh, another BIG job I need to do is get new speakers and dynamat the doors and possibly the firewall. Damn truck is so loud on the highway.

-bounce- YAAAAAAY!!! you finally got her back! i am happy for you.. and as above... no.........more.........drama!! nice happy pathy from now on... which leads to a nice happy owner! :beer:

Congrats, man!!! :beer:

You know, somehow I managed to miss this discussion. I spent last 30 or so minutes reading the saga about your pathy... what can I say, you should sell it to some Hollywood producers )) They will make a wonderful movie out of this story :lol: Something like "Free Pathy" :lol:

I have some up on my cardomain page that are from before the new engine. It looks exactly the same with the new engine. The only difference is that is runs!

I'm working on getting other things fixed now. I'm gonna get the calmini steering upgrade (yes I read the post about it) and I need to get the hole in the frame fixed. I get some pics after that is done. Then is pretty much what I WANT to do. Like the new cats, shoes, brakes, etc...

Well, I went to inspection on Saturday and failed!!! The lights for the license plate are out! When I looked, it's all rusted out.

I'm taking her into the body shop on friday for all the little things.

I have a question for all you ceramic coated Thorley header owners? Did the finish come off rather quickly? When I look at mine, where it connects to the head, it is still shiney, but about an inch and a half after it looks different. I'll take a pic and post what I am taking about. I also may call them and ask.

Well, I went to inspection on Saturday and failed!!! The lights for the license plate are out! When I looked, it's all rusted out.

I'm taking her into the body shop on friday for all the little things.

I have a question for all you ceramic coated Thorley header owners? Did the finish come off rather quickly? When I look at mine, where it connects to the head, it is still shiney, but about an inch and a half after it looks different. I'll take a pic and post what I am taking about. I also may call them and ask.

Do you mean it's become kinda of a shiney bluish rainbow quality? That would be due to heat it changes the color... Although I reserve the right to change my opinion once I see the pictures.

holy sh!t wheely i just read the other thread about your trip to hell and back...gaaaat f'n damn!!!! you have patience like no other!!! who knows what i would've done in that situation =P oh well, at least your baby is back in your hands =) and thank goodness that you had an s4 in the meantime hehehe.

I'll try and get those pics up in a day or two. I haven't had the chance to be outside with the Beast during the day except while driving to work. When I get home, it's way dark and this weekend it was snowing crazy.

Here is probably the best pic of what I am talking about with the ceramic coating. Notice where the coating changes from where it connects to the heads and then the pipe.

Edited by wheel366