This Is Gonna Be Rough...

Toby

While I've enjoyed the short time I've posted here, sadly it looks like I'm selling my Pathfinder.

So here's a "what's my truck worth" thread? It's a 1994 Pathfinder XE. V6, 5-speed, cloth, no roof rack or tire rack. 16" chrome wheels (stocks). No power options at all.

The truck is solid outside of the dent on the front fender, small rust on the back left wheel well, and the vehicle speed sensor (which I have) needs replaced. I have the sensor that needs replace, an extra gear for said sensor, a brand new grill, new shift boot and HB Center Console.

Just looking to see what it's worth kinda. Got about $700 in the truck thus far. So looking to get at least what I put into it back out.

Whole deal was I wanted it fixed. Wanted to take it to Nissan and my step father knows it all and suggested I take it to my step brother. Who then kept it since October and hasn't done a damn thing to fix it. All my attempts over the past few months to get it back have been met with empty promises so I'm just going to sell it and get a new car. Build up my credit some more.

And i've defected to another continent lol. Looking at buying an Audi. So any help you guys can give would be pretty awesome. I've had a great time and I'll still probably end up lurking around these parts just cause everyone here is friendly.

it will be tough man but i hope you find yourself in another pathfinder soon...good luck and happy trails...

Yeah. I'd love to keep it but I just need something newer and I keep getting jerked around on getting my pathfinder back. Too much drama involved with trying to get it fixed. This way if I at least tell them I'm selling it I might be able to get it back to sell. Already burned bridges with the nissan dealer cause they said they'd take it there for me and never did (my brother owns a towing company).

dude, the part unbolt and rebolt. Just fix it yourself and keep it or if you really want to sell it. fix it yourself, then sell it. It might grow on you. At least it will be easier to sell it for more with it fixed.

I dont think Ive heard of a 94 pathy with no power options

Just fix it and get it running again..If you come across any problems these guys are here to help you out and walk you through..they have helped me a so many times

Id take their words over any mechanic anytime when it comes to pathys :beer:

Edited by PATHRIDER

16" chrome wheels (stocks).

No such thing. 15 ", yes...

Wanted to take it to Nissan and my step father knows it all and suggested I take it to my step brother. Who then kept it since October and hasn't done a damn thing to fix it. All my attempts over the past few months to get it back have been met with empty promises so I'm just going to sell it and get a new car.

Well, I'm older and have a different perspective, but I'd go and get my damn car back. Go with a key, a car dolly, a buddy and a truck and take it. Fixing it won't be hard, but don't let people dick you around in life son, it's a bad habit for everyone involved.

We'll help you get it fixed from there...

B

dude, the part unbolt and rebolt. Just fix it yourself and keep it or if you really want to sell it. fix it yourself, then sell it. It might grow on you. At least it will be easier to sell it for more with it fixed.

Reason I took it up there is I don't have time. I work weird hours. And I'm buying this other car already lol. Going to the bank this morning to make sure everything will be straight with my loan. Gotta build some more credit up.

No such thing. 15 ", yes...

Well, I'm older and have a different perspective, but I'd go and get my damn car back. Go with a key, a car dolly, a buddy and a truck and take it. Fixing it won't be hard, but don't let people dick you around in life son, it's a bad habit for everyone involved.

We'll help you get it fixed from there...

B

Well I can't exactly threaten my brother with a lawsuit. he was doing it as a favor but now he's just being a dick. I also lack a truck (one that can pull any amount of weight), car dolly, etc.

KBB said i should get around $1200 or so for it in fair condition. I like it, it grew on me then it had to sit up there for months lol.

My perspective is the same as B's. I'm getting older and at 33 I've been dicked around plenty of times in my life already and do my best to not let it happen anymore. If it were me, and believe me when i say it has been me in the past, I'd find anyone you know with a truck, or anyone you know who knows someone with a truck to go with you, grab a chain/sling/whatever and go get your @!*% back. even if you work weird hours find a half hour here and a half hour there and you'll be back and running in no time flat. As for establishing more credit, do it thru paying your bills on time, (phone/cell, electricity, gas, credit cards if you have any.)

Personally, I think you're crazy to go out and get a loan which you will be paying interest on, which means you'll be working more of your young years away for nothing more then to pay off a banking institution. Your money is better spent on fixing something you already HAVE and OWN. These rigs are reliable so long as you put the time in. Free yourself before getting yourself stuck in a system of working to pay off debt. Empower yourself by doing the work yourself even if you lack confidence. And live your life without worrying about how some of your decisions make people feel cause in end it's your life and you have to live it the way you want to.

Good luck but I say stick it out and fix it. If your moving to another continent, then pick up a Terrano. :my2cents:

Edited by Dowser

I... er... you... ah...

Ditto what Dowser said (aside from the 33 is "getting old" bit; seriously, dude, I am 26, not too far from there... lol).

plus, audi maintenance is serious coinage. AND credit is the most retarded thing, since... well, I can't think of anything more worthless to society (CREDIT is why America feels like a s*** hole, economically...).

you need credit in today's society. I don't do credit cards so a loan is the most sensible option. Plus I can't get an apartment or anything without credit.

And I have no friends with trucks. And honestly with my hours and the few people I did know with trucks dropped off cause they got girlfriends. Literally, i have no access to trucks.

and $150 a month in payments isn't really that bad at all.

I'd have to chime in and say to go ahead and get the existing truck fixed. If you want to give up on your Pathy, I certainly can understand being frustrated. I certainly have been at times. That being said, the issues you are having are no big deal to fix. We have a lot of knowledge here.

You can hire a flatbed tow truck for about $100 to get it where you need it to be.

One thing to keep in mind is that Audi's are notorious for having expensive electrical problems. My Pathfinder has been the most reliable vehicle I've ever owned. I've owned german cars and every one was a money pit. Never again. There is a good reason your payment is so low.

If you're set on buying a new vehicle, an Audi is NOT a wise choice. VWs/Audis are serious problem childs, and repairs are expensive and very difficult to do yourself - if you doubt your abilities to work on a Pathfinder, then I'd say you're hopeless with a rolling computer box.

Edited by Kingman

If you're set on buying a new vehicle, an Audi is NOT a wise choice. VWs/Audis are serious problem childs, and repairs are expensive and very difficult to do yourself - if you doubt your abilities to work on a Pathfinder, then I'd say you're hopeless with a rolling computer box.

Never said anything about i couldn't fix my pathfinder. I don't have time. I work 10+ hours days usually and my days off I got side jobs. And Audi's aren't near as bad as people think. My mother has a 1.8T beetle that hasn't had near the problems people complain about. The 1.8T isn't too expensive to fix, nor is the 3.0 V6 they have. the only real expensive one is 2.7T. That's about the only "problematic" one they have cause the K04s wear out prematurely. $800 a pair. Also some slight hiccups with CVTs but that's only for the first year. But I've done my research, and alot of the hype is BS honestly. They just aren't near as problematic as people make them.

Any car is a money pit when it's not taken care of. If you don't have full maintenance records it's a lost cause. But same could be said for any vehicle with a timing belt instead of chain. Belts are very easy to forget about with alot of people. And the Audis have the same timing belt intervals as the Pathfinders.

So a little update. Job security is looking iffy because my supervisor easily gets away with abusing her power and HR, the big bosses at my job are about as worthless as anything. So i'm in the transitional period for a job. still working the bad one but I'm not sure how long I'll be able to keep it.

So i'll stick with the Nissan now. went through today and put the shift boot/console thing in. Gotta get a new front carpet because the person who removed the boot before cut the carpet at the corners rather than remove the carpet.

But it doesn't take that long. But i gotta replace my rear bumper because somehow at my step brother's my rear bumper got twisted. No clue how. I honestly don't want to know. He still has my sensor and gear so I gotta get those back.

I am hopefully calling tomorrow about a set of Thorleys from Rocky Road Outfitters. Gonna cost me like $395 or so. Might buy them so i don't waste that money down the road lol.

So a little update. Job security is looking iffy because my supervisor easily gets away with abusing her power and HR, the big bosses at my job are about as worthless as anything. So i'm in the transitional period for a job. still working the bad one but I'm not sure how long I'll be able to keep it.

So i'll stick with the Nissan now. went through today and put the shift boot/console thing in. Gotta get a new front carpet because the person who removed the boot before cut the carpet at the corners rather than remove the carpet.

But it doesn't take that long. But i gotta replace my rear bumper because somehow at my step brother's my rear bumper got twisted. No clue how. I honestly don't want to know. He still has my sensor and gear so I gotta get those back.

I am hopefully calling tomorrow about a set of Thorleys from Rocky Road Outfitters. Gonna cost me like $395 or so. Might buy them so i don't waste that money down the road lol.

mcdonalds is always hiring dude..feel bad for you..first you let your step push you around now your boss..gud luck

Edited by PATHRIDER

mcdonalds is always hiring dude..feel bad for you..first you let your step push you around now your boss..gud luck

Nobody is really pushing me around. The deal with my step brother I found out was he wasn't working on it, it was one of his employees. And kept my step brother out of the loop.

and my boss... Well the job of a boss is to boss people around. But my supervisor is just abusing her power. I'm holding onto the job until I clear another job. I need comparable pay to what I make now. Mcdonald's won't pay my bills sadly.