Tail light Mod in paint brush

KILLVOX

Is that an 'accent' or a tail/brake/reverse/signal light ?? ;)

Make sure to allow some light to come out... What you going to do with the third brake light, remove it and wire in a praying Jesus ??? :blink:

:beer:

B

I gotta say, bedliner is pretty freaking cool stuff

I painted my front bumper with it. The spray on stuff, it came out feeling and looking like 125 grit sandpaper, without the various colors.

But then again, I'm with gabod about the camo... Camo looks pretty dern sharp as well. (If I could find a good source for camo tapes, vinyls etc. I would be buying like no tomorrow.. if someone knows a place, pm me pleeease).

But yeah, the circles don't really float my boat. I have nothing against painted taillights, but circles on a boxy Pathfinder, like 88 said, just doesn't suit it.

Personally Killvox I say go for it, your truck looks good with all the black and dark green that it is so I think it will look pretty sharp. :aok: On a side note somebody mentioned that they used the bedliner to spray their bumpers I am curious about this. I do not have any experience with bedliner but i have seen alot of trucks with it and dig it. My pathy has the black plastic rear bumper and the front is black too but the caps are plastic and the middle section appears to be metal how well does the bedliner stick to plastic??? Any input? becuase I want to paint my bumpers. :rolleyes::shrug:

The rattlecan bedliner spray pretty much comes right off if you don't prep the metal VERY WELL beforehand. Just so you know. It's thin, too. Regular PE bedliners are thick, but they're sprayed on when the plastic is molten so go figure.

Hmm I wonder if you can use spray in bedliner on the external tire carrier. 

I sprayed mine with it. I also did my rockers after doing some rust repair. They both look pretty good bedlinered but 88s right. You have to prep the area really well. I did a rush job on the rockers and had to strip it all off and redo them a few months later because it peeled off in some areas.

Now that i think of it, I agree with 88 also. Mabey i will try doing it with square holes instead of round. I'll work on it. And yeh, if you do good prep job the bed liner will stick to pretty much anything. I sprayed my plastic tail light covers and they came out really nice. I also sprayed the wing on the back and my rear bumper. :cool2:

post-1-1151662989.jpg

I know somebody from a previous job I had who bought this bedliner that you roll on with a small roller I can not remember where he bought it from but I do rmember him saying that it was really thick stuff like tar. He also said the kit was not expensive at all. I saw his dodge ram after he did it and it looked really good. Anybody know about this "roll-on bedliner?" if so maybe i will try going that route. I will just clean the plastic bumper off really good mabey run som VMP Namptha over it... what do you guys think?

zonianbrat- I know what you are talking about... i see commercials on tv for that stuff all the time but i guess its bad advertising because i dont remember the name of it.

I like the spray on bedliner look and was thinking about maybe doing something with it on my pahty......

Just a thought.... one time i saw a white F250 with a two tone paint but the second tone was just bedline that only covered the bottom third.... Its was so cool!!!!

Just a thought.... one time i saw a white F250 with a two tone paint but the second tone was just bedline that only covered the bottom third.... Its was so cool!!!!

That is exactly what i am doing starting tomorrow. Personally i really like the way the spray bed liner goes on. I tried two different kinds, ( Below ) and i chose the Dupli-color over the Plasti-kote for a few reasons. The Dupli-color came out very evenly and the Plasti-kote came out to quick ( larger hole in nozzle ). The Dupli-color had a very nice uniform finish. The Dupli-color was 3 Dollars less a can. :cool2: On the back of the can it tells you what grit sand paper to use and you dont need primer.

post-1-1151701707.jpg

That is exactly what i am doing starting tomorrow. Personally i really like the way the spray bed liner goes on. I tried two different kinds, ( Below ) and i chose the Dupli-color over the Plasti-kote for a few reasons. The Dupli-color came out very evenly and the Plasti-kote came out to quick ( larger hole in nozzle ). The Dupli-color had a very nice uniform finish. The Dupli-color was 3 Dollars less a can. :cool2:  On the back of the can it tells you what grit sand paper to use and you dont need primer.

How much of the body are you going to cover in the bedliner???? Good luck man!

Post the pictures of the end product... :D:aok:

Yeah killvox give us updates!!! and pics. I am going to buy some and cover the bumpers. back one is plastic front if both metal and plastic not too sure how it is going to stick so I think I will get the roll-on kind instead of the rattle can kind.

Vox, that duplicolor stuff doesnt stick worth a damn, and after about a week in the sun it will start to fade in spots so your stuff looks like it got sick with some wierd disease

Trust me, thats what I used on my Roofbasket. I sanded, cleaned and primed the metal first too

Just a heads up....try sealing it off with clear-coat maybe that will help