Precise1

Welcome New Members !

1 hour ago, UNCL3_SALTY_ said:

Hi all from NY! just purchased my first pathfinder! Came out of Colorado with 174k on it

http://tinypic.com/r/110hbgw/9

:welcome:

Looks pretty clean!

Hey Everyone,

first time Nissan Owner, I bought a '93 Pathfinder SE with 211000 miles on it for $600 from a friend, overall clean interior, no major mechanical, less a CV joint that needs replacing, a water pump that will need to be replaced and a valve cover gasket (which I already had fixed). I'm fairly mechanical but have a bad uneven driveway that's dangerously uneven and uncovered to work on anything. I came here to learn more about fixing this truck up and get recommendation on best upgrades and common mistakes.

NisSon

• Like 1

Hello fellow Paths and Finders

Just gotta '96 SE, the engine is strong purrs like a kitten, though transfer case it came with is in need of replacement and it did not come with front drive line attached. Oh and a terrible water leak from god knows where, have to carry extra water with me everywhere i go.

Hey Everyone, 

Overpaid for a '94 XE with 255k on 33's (I think...) with no lift (major rubbing on the wheel well) and a custom welded roof rack. Engine still running strong, although I just got ECU Codes for O2 and Knock sensors so I need to figure out how to address that...I'm mechanically inclined but really haven't worked with vehicles much. I'd like to build a cheap offroad/overland rig from this as a starting point. 

Hope to utilize this forum for info on how to make it happen.

http://tinypic.com/r/13z3j1c/9

Cheers!

• Like 1

Hello,

Been reading this forum since the day I picked up my 1997 Infiniti QX4 (pathfinder in a tuxedo) and have learned a great lot about the vehicle since and have already started some modifications and repairs. Vehicle mechanically seems really good and the body has next to no rust besides the side steps. Currently have an Auxbeam lightbar installed in the front grill, a roof basket with an extension and some Cooper AT/W's waiting to be put on.

Decided ive posted enough to show off the new rig. This vehicle is primary a winter vehicle (not beater, more defeater 😉) and hopefully will get to do some light/medium off roading.

Photo 2018-09-18, 12 00 17 PM.jpg

4 hours ago, KRG said:

Hey Everyone, 

Overpaid for a '94 XE with 255k on 33's (I think...) with no lift (major rubbing on the wheel well) and a custom welded roof rack. Engine still running strong, although I just got ECU Codes for O2 and Knock sensors so I need to figure out how to address that...I'm mechanically inclined but really haven't worked with vehicles much. I'd like to build a cheap offroad/overland rig from this as a starting point. 

Hope to utilize this forum for info on how to make it happen.

http://tinypic.com/r/13z3j1c/9

Cheers!

First of all, :welcome:

Looks like a very clean Pathfinder, great find!  Definitely waaaaay too large of tires for stock though, definitely need to get it lifted.  I'm not a WD21 guy so I can't say for sure, but I think a 3" body lift or 3" suspension lift should get you the lift you need, if not then very close.  Personally I'd do a 2" suspension lift with preloading the torsion bars and rear spacers, and then a 2" or 3" body lift.  Since you say you think you overpaid for it, I'm just guessing you don't have a lot of room in the budget, hence why I'm not suggesting going with a full blown 3" lift as they can be rather expensive, although I'm sure you can find more detailed options in the WD21 sections.  Again, welcome!

2 hours ago, TroyButler said:

Hello,

Been reading this forum since the day I picked up my 1997 Infiniti QX4 (pathfinder in a tuxedo) and have learned a great lot about the vehicle since and have already started some modifications and repairs. Vehicle mechanically seems really good and the body has next to no rust besides the side steps. Currently have an Auxbeam lightbar installed in the front grill, a roof basket with an extension and some Cooper AT/W's waiting to be put on.

Decided ive posted enough to show off the new rig. This vehicle is primary a winter vehicle (not beater, more defeater 😉) and hopefully will get to do some light/medium off roading.

Photo 2018-09-18, 12 00 17 PM.jpg

:welcome:

Keep the rust off it and you should be defeating winters for years to come!  Nice ride!

• Like 1

Greetings from Norway 🙂

I just bought this 2010 Pathfinder R51 with 89000km (55k miles) on it. It has the 2.5L YD25DDTi turbodiesel. Registered as a 2-seater cargo hauler because of weird tax legislation.

43624269205_9120264329_c.jpg

This will serve two purposes. In winter months this will be my ride. The rest of the year it will serve as the forest mule.

Car feels pretty tight, so far. I hope to keep it for a long while.

• Like 3

I'm gonna navigate my way thru the forum for help on my water pump issue

Hi all, new here. Bought a pathy r50a few months ago. im in love. I need to upgrade my shocks and coil springs to give it a lift, plus the stock ones are ragged out. Is there a particular brand yall reccomend. This my first car and i dont really know much. Thanks 

Hi all, new here. Bought a pathy r50a few months ago. im in love. I need to upgrade my shocks and coil springs to give it a lift, plus the stock ones are ragged out. Is there a particular brand yall reccomend. This my first car and i dont really know much. Thanks 

Welcome! You’ll love it & NPORA will be a great resource for you.

I’m the self appointed Power Valve Evangelist so here goes: One notable issue with these trucks that all new owners should know is the power valve issue. It’s only about 2-3* work yourself or at a shop & can save you an engine.
http://www.nissanpathfinders.net/forum/topic/17104-threadlocker-on-power-valve-screws-pics/?do=embed

23 hours ago, RainGoat said:

Welcome! You’ll love it & NPORA will be a great resource for you.

I’m the self appointed Power Valve Evangelist so here goes: One notable issue with these trucks that all new owners should know is the power valve issue. It’s only about 2-3* work yourself or at a shop & can save you an engine.
http://www.nissanpathfinders.net/forum/topic/17104-threadlocker-on-power-valve-screws-pics/?do=embed

Thank you. That is definelty something that i will look into. It is too complicated for me at the moment. Im still learning a lot about engines and stuff. i will probably have a mechanic look into it over the summer. God bless

• Like 1