Welcome New Members !

Precise1

• 3 weeks later...

my 87 VG3.0 engine is shot!  how difficult is it to install a 3.3 engine in this 87 Pathy? Plan to go with Webber carb toeliminate ECM problems.  I know fuel must be changed and also the ignition system.  has anyone done this and if so what are pitfalls

Somewhere to start on the carb question. The 3.3 swap isn't horribly complex from what I've read but requires dealing with pulleys (V belts don't work on 3.3s without one of two parts, both of which are unobtanium at this point, so either you swap the crank to keep the old balancer or you accept running a serp belt). For more on that (and what else you can do to a 3.3) check this one out.

Edited by Slartibartfast

• 1 month later...
  • 2 weeks later...

Hi everyone! I got a 2002 QX4 a little over a month ago. Previous owner put a little(?) lift on it, but other than that it's pretty much stock. I had a 1994 Pathfinder XE 4x4 in college,

IMG_0074.JPG.521135a4b18e7e8820769482b68e4e55.JPG

called the rocket ?.  

Anyway, I am looking forward to any and all I can learn from this forum! Thank you for having me!

• Like 2

• 2 weeks later...

Hi all! I just got my first Pathy about a month ago. I bought my 1990 V6 AT 4X4 from my daughter. The pour thing is on its last legs. It has an engine rattle and the transmission shifts erratically.
My main question is about hear selection but that is for another thread.
I'm a mechanic by trade and have been for 25 years. I've done some cool projects (SAS, fuel injected engine swaps, auto to manual trans conversation)
Sense the transmission and engine aren't so great I plan to put a TDI in it with a 5 speed.
This is an awesome site I've been studying the crap out of my Pathy!
Thanks and hope to hear from you guys in my coming threads!
Dusty

Sent from my moto g(6) using Tapatalk

• Like 1

33 minutes ago, Dr.Nelson said:

Hi all! I just got my first Pathy about a month ago. I bought my 1990 V6 AT 4X4 from my daughter. The pour thing is on its last legs. It has an engine rattle and the transmission shifts erratically.
My main question is about hear selection but that is for another thread.
I'm a mechanic by trade and have been for 25 years. I've done some cool projects (SAS, fuel injected engine swaps, auto to manual trans conversation)
Sense the transmission and engine aren't so great I plan to put a TDI in it with a 5 speed.
This is an awesome site I've been studying the crap out of my Pathy!
Thanks and hope to hear from you guys in my coming threads!
Dusty

Sent from my moto g(6) using Tapatalk

Weather the thing runs or not its still a pathfinder. Welcome to the forum.

• Like 2

• 2 weeks later...

New to the forum and first time posting.
03 pathfinder LE
Looking to add some new tires to my stock pathy that will make it more 4x4 capable to a novice off-road driver.
Look forward to reading through the threads for help.
Found the forum as I was replacing some worn out trailing arm bushings.
Thanks

Sent from my LG-K425 using Tapatalk

• 3 weeks later...

Hello all and thank you for this amazing forum! I am the proud owner of a 1986 D21 V6 hardbody pickup, and I joined because of the shared motor and other parts. I've owned my truck for over 8 years, it had a brand new rebuilt motor, and I've put on bigger tires, (31's) and that's it, no major issues. I also own a 2003 Xterra. Excellent rig, and the only major thing I've done is a new clutch since I got it 4 years ago. 

• Like 2

Hello,

I’m new here, found this forum on accident as I was trying to look for info on how to fix my Pathfinder.  I recently acquired a 1997 Pathfinder (XE?) 4x4 that needs a lot of loving.  Looking forward to advice and help from the forum.  Thanks!

1 hour ago, WhiteDevil97 said:

Hello,

I’m new here, found this forum on accident as I was trying to look for info on how to fix my Pathfinder.  I recently acquired a 1997 Pathfinder (XE?) 4x4 that needs a lot of loving.  Looking forward to advice and help from the forum.  Thanks!

Welcome! This is a great group of knowledgeable people… Most of the questions anyone has have already been answered in the forums, so definitely spend a lot of time searching through. That being said, people are very friendly about giving advice and understanding about how difficult it can be to search a thread.

As a fellow 97 XE owner, I can certainly say you’re in for a lot of fun, a few frustrations, and a number of second glances when you’re making your way down the trail. There’s a thread somewhere that lists out all the first repairs and changes you should make…when  I’m in front of a computer I’ll see if I can find it.

• 2 weeks later...

Hi everyone I just bought a 1996 Pathfinder 4x4. It's in great shape, only has 115 thousand miles. Its all stock, I m gonna just start by putting on some more aggressive tires. I got some 31/10.50 15. Can I put on rims with negative offset -19 

Hello again from the UK, I signed up ages ago but life got in the way but I'm back now ?

I have a 2000 Terrano 2, R20, with 2.7 turbo diesel intercooled straight four engine, fantastic engine!

I'm trying to find info on how to upgrade my diffs without buying a diff locker so I'll be hitting the search button regularly, but if I can't find the info I need I hope you guys will be patient with me, Thanks, t-doug.

oh I'll try and gets some pics up!!

• Like 1

• 3 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...
Hey , long Time Lurker ! finally decided to join. Owned my pathfinder for almost 5 years now and finally decided that it needs some mods. 72600886_534715340638602_5401196875397201920_n.thumb.jpg.c6d763911157114e1fa855fe346c33f6.jpg

Nice! Welcome. I see you have two different color hid bulbs, or it could just be the hazy lenses. Also, what light bar do you have installed?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk