Not impressed.

FWD with CVT transmission.

7 passenger mini van wannabe

NOT deserving of the name at all.

SAD.

Not impressed.

Did I mention not impressed?

:thumbsdown:

I guess they hold on to the name because it has an established label of dependability. Like a Camry or Civic in the car world, but at least those are cars and have stayed cars..... This thing will only find a path to the mall and back.

• 2 weeks later...

looks ugly, could look WAY better, and i dont know about that "platform" they're talking about "better everything" :P

I think we all need to go and complain to nissan.............. This breaks my heart man..... :( They keep degrading the pathfinder, it was the first off road suv other than the patrol, but now that new I bet it can't even make it past easy trials. Nissan needs to make a good reliable 4x4, yes I said 4x4, that can perform in all conditions. They also need to get ride of some of pointless interior crap and make it and design it around being a real HYBRID-(onroad/offroad).

I think we all need to go and complain to nissan.............. This breaks my heart man..... :( They keep degrading the pathfinder, it was the first off road suv other than the patrol, but now that new I bet it can't even make it past easy trials. Nissan needs to make a good reliable 4x4, yes I said 4x4, that can perform in all conditions. They also need to get ride of some of pointless interior crap and make it and design it around being a real HYBRID-(onroad/offroad).

I love my pathfinder but thats a bit far from the truth there, there were a few before the Pathfinder in the smaller class alone, then you get into full sizes and stuff outside America :shrug:

LOL at the swirly paint to disguise the body lines... it doesn't have any body lines to disguise!

I dunno if Nissan even could build a good wheeling rig anymore. Even if they could get the mileage to work out, and find enough people who'd buy one, would you really want to take a computer-controlled-everything truck out into the middle of nowhere?

It'd be nice if they did... but then we're talking about the engineers who made a frame that somehow rusts out at its highest point. :shrug:

I'd just like to see someone fix one on the trail. They're more reliable now, yes, but I guess I figure I'd still find a way to screw it up.

Edited by Slartibartfast

It rusts out where the wheels throw road salt over it. If you want to stop it from rusting, hit it with some oil there. Most modern car electronic boxes are pretty well sealed up against the elements. I know the new Jeep Wrangler has plenty of electronics yet they are sealed off very well. Extra electronics are really not a problem unless they malfunction which rarely happens now.