4X4 parts.com

LawDawg

Fairly new to building Pathy's

Short of the long:

ordered Lift Kit from 4X4parts springs, KYB struts, new strut mtg. Bilstein shocks the whole package deal down to the camber kits. Also 4 wheels which are supposed to be -3.75 backspacing which is what 4X4 says you MUST use with this kit. Get the kit and wheels deleivered and the backspacing is 4.25 per the box lable. Also PN on packing slip does not match PN on box. Emailed Mike @ 4x4parts and he says "we recommend NO LESS then -3.75 and the 4.25 is "negligable" and will work.

What do the experts on the forum say. I want to put 265/75X16 tires on 16X8 Pro Comps.

Thanks in advance

Edited by LawDawg

LawDawg: try installing the wheels/tires on with the lift kit installed and see if they clear the struts. 4x4parts.com recommends 3.75" backspacing but that could be speculative. The guy who bought my lift kit has wheels with 4" backspacing and everything mounted up just fine, 31" tires clear the struts.

Failing that, wheel spacers are an option. ;)

Thanks to everyone and I will keep a good thought. Will have the kit installed Wednesday and the tires next week.

Wow.....this stuff gets expensive, kit, wheels, tires....hmmm... what else do I want...I mean NEED.

Thanks

OC

Already got the sliders on there from the factory, yea brush guard (front & rear of course)lights.... yeaaaah and a basket "thank God for Mastercard".

Edited by LawDawg

Already got the sliders on there from the factory, yea brush guard (front & rear of course)lights.... yeaaaah and a basket "thank God for Mastercard".

I think you mistake side rails/steps/nerf bars (whatever you want to call them) as sliders. Those factory ones will be cruched if hit against a rock. Just so you know.

But, your next step should be Locking Hubs. Then whatever you want after that.

Jose

Fairly new to building Pathy's

Short of the long:

ordered Lift Kit from 4X4parts springs, KYB struts, new strut mtg. Bilstein shocks the whole package deal down to the camber kits. Also 4 wheels which are supposed to be -3.75 backspacing which is what 4X4 says you MUST use with this kit. Get the kit and wheels deleivered and the backspacing is 4.25 per the box lable. Also PN on packing slip does not match PN on box. Emailed Mike @ 4x4parts and he says "we recommend NO LESS then -3.75 and the 4.25 is "negligable" and will work.

What do the experts on the forum say. I want to put 265/75X16 tires on 16X8 Pro Comps.

Thanks in advance

If you are new to dealing with them...providing confusing, if not outright misleading or incorrect, information (along with horrendous service) all seems to be part of their corporate mission statement and culture. You can find threads in this forum going back 6 years and then some... substantiating this. They need some/more competitors.

The 4.25" backspaced rims will likely work but if they're not what you ordered then make them replace them. The difference between a 3.75" and 4.25" rim is not negligible. Both may work, but there is a sizeable difference in the backspacing. Make sure you get what you want and what you ordered. You're the customer, and it's your money and you don't have to settle if you don't want to.

I couldn't agree more! I've had some terrible experiences with them and will never go back! They sent me broken equipment and after calling and leaving several messages (could never get anyone live) they never bothered to make things right.

They definitely need some competition... and the truth is... you can get pretty much everything you need for your R50 elsewhere.

Rocky Road Outfitters are great! And a local shop can always get any additional parts you might need if you can't find em' online.