Caturday Is Everyday

Precise1

• 2 weeks later...

Danger is looking good !

About a month ago a friend had a tiny little fella show up under his backyard shed , I mean tiny , probably no more than 6 weeks old and skinny as a rail .

Nobody had seen a momma cat or any other kittens and we still can't figure out just where he came from .

Very skittish and wild , he wouldn't come within yards before retreating into his hidey hole .

They began leaving food and water (food picked up just before dark so as not to entice "critters") , and gradually the little fella now known as "Squirrely" put on weight and came around to people .

He's about 10 weeks old now and there is an argument going on about letting him inside , I'm pretty sure the "inside crowd" will win before it gets very cold.... :/

He's a hoot , playing around his shed all day , lets you handle him and has become very affectionate .

"Squirrely".....

IMG_0302.jpg

Holy hairball with the longhair! :lol:

Good to see they are so friendly, are they related?

He's about 10 weeks old now and there is an argument going on about letting him inside , I'm pretty sure the "inside crowd" will win before it gets very cold.... :/

He's a hoot , playing around his shed all day , lets you handle him and has become very affectionate .

"Squirrely".....

IMG_0302.jpg

Good on your friend for taking care of him. Even if it is a predominantly outside cat, it still needs a heat source for the winter nights, especially in Connecticut.

There is an old cat from down the block that seems to be neglected by it's 'owners', so we are feeling him and wondering what to do when it gets cold and wet and the cat wants to come in...

Our Poop hanging out with me on Sunday morning.

014_zps5b209a2a.jpg

And a pissed off cat that makes Grumpy Cat look like an amateur...

p22_wide-d4e769f2209b381394c8be109414369

B

It was just about dark in that pic , he was chasing tiny stuff blowing around and having a ball !

That's part of Squirrleys charm to me , the resilience he's shown in just a month .

At the age he showed up he was pretty much helpless of his own accord , food and water came to him by good luck at near to the last moment .

He's a tough little bugger ! :happy:

One way or another he'll have protection from weather , this I will be sure of.... :lmao:

I already carry biscuits for my dog friends , now I need to carry kitty treats !

• 2 weeks later...

Saw Squirrley this past Thursday , Friday , and Saturday .

Thursday , still an outdoor kitty , in his kitten mind I am now "That guy who brings me num nums"....

squirrely2.jpg

Friday , still an outdoor kitty , "Hey ! It's that guy who brings me num nums again !"....

squirrley4.jpg

squirrley5.jpg

Saturday brought us our first good cold rain , crappy pic but.....

Squirrley wins !

squirrley6.jpg

Awww that's great man...I know exactly how you feel. Hell I've got a sweet little female maltese named Sasha but it's the Danger that gets photo'ed and bragged and talked about to others...not the sweet little doggy!

Aww! Little Squirrely certainly knows who's watching out for him, and where he wants to be! Cute little bugger, and I'm glad he finally made it inside as well, he looks really happy.

Sometimes I think the 1/2 wild, 1/2 crazy cats are the best ones. They generally have a lot of personality and can be intensely loyal. They say that cats don't really bond to people, but I don't believe that from my experiences...

Kind of this little nut job that adopted us. This is him recuperating after an over night at the vet, showing off his IV shave.

030-Copy_zpsc0c30326.jpg

It has been a week of fun, starting with some staples and glue for holes in his belly hide, to an adverse reaction to anti-biotics or flea meds. This caused him to shut down; not eat, drink, eliminate and just lay around, seemingly in pain. He is eating and drinking now, pretty much his own self, but still locked in for observation to make sure the severe possibility of pancreatitis is not a reality.

Every one hope for a healty Poop!

B

16a2wlg.jpg

Recently had a litter, but the mother ran dry on milk. Without her milk they got a little sick. We used formula and medicine to try and save them but we lost two last night. We have two left that seem to be recovering well. It's a little sad but such is life.

Get better Poop !

Expecting updates on him now....

Aww! Little Squirrely certainly knows who's watching out for him, and where he wants to be! Cute little bugger, and I'm glad he finally made it inside as well, he looks really happy.

Sometimes I think the 1/2 wild, 1/2 crazy cats are the best ones. They generally have a lot of personality and can be intensely loyal. They say that cats don't really bond to people, but I don't believe that from my experiences...

Kind of this little nut job that adopted us. This is him recuperating after an over night at the vet, showing off his IV shave.

030-Copy_zpsc0c30326.jpg

It has been a week of fun, starting with some staples and glue for holes in his belly hide, to an adverse reaction to anti-biotics or flea meds. This caused him to shut down; not eat, drink, eliminate and just lay around, seemingly in pain. He is eating and drinking now, pretty much his own self, but still locked in for observation to make sure the severe possibility of pancreatitis is not a reality.

Every one hope for a healty Poop!

B

Well, Poop is pretty much better, enough that I let him out yesterday. He's back on lock down, but just until he gives me a stool sample. Ahh, the good life! :D

011_zps253f5862.jpg

016_zps3cfac1aa.jpg

017_zps895d53dd.jpg

B

• 4 weeks later...

Not completely. She goes in and out al lot. Sometimes she is very happy to be inside. She was out hunting a lot and got a bad case of worms. My oldest stepdaughter took her to the vet and had her checked out and got some medicine. Noticed shes gained and maintaining a good weight now. I had never seen her make ther meerkat pose, so that was neat. She is all over me in the morning when I feed her, but after that we have a plutonic relationship(in other words, no poop in my lap).

That's part of the problem with an outdoor cat but most seem to prefer it that way regardless. I'm glad she is doing better.

I was reading up on cat history, where the theory is that we never domesticated cats, they just moved in because we had food. We learned to get along and appreciated the rodent control services but the cats never became any less cat, ie. losing their night vision, scent glands, reflexes, habits, etc. House cats are almost identical to their wild cousins and behaviorally are closest to a pride of lions. Interesting food for thought, some of it is covered here. http://news.nationalgeographic.com/news/2007/06/070628-cat-ancestor.html

Hah, I had Poop on me when I read that! :D

He seeks me out several times a day like a little orange, furry lap missle...

Here he is trying desperately to feel comfortable and relax. (actually dead asleep like that when we were watching a movie)

052_zpsf0a6f70a.jpg

B

• 3 months later...
  • 4 months later...

Here, Kitty!!!

I saw the video of cougar visit. Based on the way it was pawing at the glass, I wonder if it wanted to play with it's fluffy indoor cousin - or eat it.

Oh, I suspect that was a 'what is this magic' (glass) moment combined with 'come here my little morsel'...

"maybe we can pick up some cat toys or put out a litter box or something..." :rofl:

For those that missed it...

Nothing I want to see outside the door though! (over 20' of sliders and 10' of bay window, we could be surrounded)

B