22 members have voted

1. 1. $50,000 budget any new or used car/truck/suv

• 2008 Chevy Tahoe 4x4
    • 2009 Chevy Camaro
    • 2008 Ford Mustang GT
    • 2008 Jeep Wrangler Rubicon
    • 2008 Mitsubishi EVO X
    • Fix up the old Path with 50k of upgrades

mmm mz, you have good taste in cars. that new c63 is going to be a monster. I would treat myself with a sparky little cayman s

Techart_cayman_S_cw.jpg

i think all those cars in the poll suck

I'd get a Toyota Echo (I already own one :D ) and spend the rest on frigging fuel. :ar15: The Pathy will then be ready and full up to hit the water. The Echo runs forever on a teaspoon of gas. We use it everywhere that doesn't require 4wd. It's name is "The Little Red Rocket". B)

Well MAYBE I'd get nerf bar I bent a little last 4x4 trip out replaced. Naw, it adds character. :lmao:

The Pathfinder is an excellent vehicle but it is a little heavy at the gas pump. :(

mmm mz, you have good taste in cars. that new c63 is going to be a monster. I would treat myself with a sparky little cayman s

Techart_cayman_S_cw.jpg

i think all those cars in the poll suck

I completely agree with on the cayman.

But your not going to get one for 50K :shiftyeyes:

I see your point Grim but at the same time. When you buy a sports car like that it is not just about the speed. It is the design and the name. Porshe is a work of art imo. Same reason you buy a luxury car..for luxury. My dad has owned 2 mercedes and a Cadillac in the past 15 yrs and he says hands down it is Mercedes. The car was just built better and had a better ride. Your right they both go 65 but which rides better,smoother,quieter,handles better or simply has more bells and whistles. I am totally a truck person now but if I had alot of money I sure would have another sports car to cruise around in sitting in my garage.

That is the only "new" thing I would come close to buying myself.

All you sports car lovers, how fast do they go at 65mph? :togo:

what, you don't speed? btw. speed limits west of you only increase. :)

...Mercedes. The car was just built better and had a better ride. Your right they both go 65 but which rides better,smoother,quieter,handles better or simply has more bells and whistles.

safety anyone? :)

50k? I would go right to the Mercedes Dealer and tell them to find me an 02 ML 55 (which go for around 25k now), put the kleemann supercharger on it (15k), and save the rest for repairs (needed for these vehicles) and watch all of your 350Z's and such in my rearview mirror, then go hit the trails

I completely agree with on the cayman.

But your not going to get one for 50K :shiftyeyes:

I don't know where you looked, but there are plenty of them for sale here:

Ebay Cayman S search

Oh yeah, and Grim Greg... that's what they make radar detectors for. I don't think they are legal in Ohio, and your state is also the most risky one to speed through on the way to florida. Isn't your police force privately run?

Edited by skrillaguerilla

Oh yeah, and Grim Greg... that's what they make radar detectors for. I don't think they are legal in Ohio, and your state is also the most risky one to speed through on the way to florida. Isn't your police force privately run?

They are legal, but the ones made now (at least the ones available in the US) are worthless. Actually any made since about '98 are, FCC changed regulations on them and they just don't have the range. I have one from '95 that can detect about 5 miles out. It sits in a drawer these days as I have no need to speed more than like 7 over. No, Ohio is government po-pos.

To whoever said they(sports cars) are pretty, well, I can look at someone elses if I really want to look at one. As for bells and whistles and "luxury", I don't want that crap in my vehicle.

do you come through windsor? I75 isn't nearly as bad as I71. either way, the po-pos in OH suck big time.. i hate driving through and you can't get anywhere east of here without driving through the two bad states of OH and PA. P...

:D

As for bells and whistles and "luxury", I don't want that crap in my vehicle.

never ridden in one, have you? long distance trips are way, way more pleasant in a comfy car then otherwise.

our pathys are luxury compared with 2dr jeeps though. :)

Ok, bid on one then pay the taxes on it and lets see if you get a newer one for 50k

The one in the pic looks pretty new to me. I did not know we were including used vehicles.

Read the title of the poll. It says nothing about taxes. the car is less than 50k. besides, i bet you'll be hard pressed to get an 09 camaro for less than 50k when they come out especially if it has the ls3 under the bonnet.

This one went for 48k and it even had the nav system: 06 cayman s The dealers are over-valuating these cars right now. Hardly any of the ebay examples actually get sold. The dealers think they are worth more, or maybe they paid too much for them.

I would also be happy with an 06 boxster s which is marginally cheaper than the cayman

mz i totally agree with you. Ohio's S.P. looooove to catch speeders! Georgia is pretty strict about them too.

Edited by skrillaguerilla