Help ME!

cdhicks99

OK, I goofed on my first post on this subject and should have made my question a little more clear.

I want your input into what I should start spending my money on.

The project:

Factory '94 LE

32x10.5 are already coming and do not count against my target amount.

This is NOT a DD, I will do very little road driving and when I do I'll put factory wheels back on.

The engine is pretty stout for it's 189+K miles, I am replacing the tranny this week with a newer factory rebuild.

The mission:

Stage 1: Starting now! Making it a little more rugged off-road.ETA And clear the 32's

Stage 2: Starting this fall. Engine overhaul.

Stage 3: Starting next spring. SAS

I am trying to keep stage 1 at or below $1000.

I have worked on and drove several dedicated off-road vehicles but have never started one from the ground up.

I am trying to avoid spending the majority on suspension since it will only be IFS for less than a year, but I realize that I must spend some.

Thanks for your input,

Cory

Edited by cdhicks99

• Replies 55
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Well, if youre gonna start on a SAS within a year, I dont suppose there's much reason right?

Thats kinda what I was thinking but I'm not sure just how weak those things are.

Could I possibly weld braces on mine to secure it for now?

Weld up the rear end. WAVEY Cheap, effective and when you SAS the truck, you just put new gears in and yer set.

That will be done also but I didn't list it since there is no money involved except fluids and gasket.

WOW! I just called a local junkyard and they quoted me $75 for JGC springs! :wacko:

I'm just going to order some through a local parts house :angry:

$72

-$900

$828

Edited by cdhicks99

Weld up the rear end. wave.gif
well u see i do still do have an extra rear end layin around...so if she fucts up...then just make a ride to nc and u have 1...also for an exchange...but im being buzzed 4 the night jcg being jeep grand cherokee springs are...depending on the year i can get them for $10 a piece...cd PM me with a year and we can work out a deal...say like 40-50 shipped? if the right year is in the yard? or maybe a yard that has them for cheaper near u...but the trick is u pull it

Invest in some armor, sliders... Lift Kit ? Headers ? Oil filter relocation kit ? Electric fan set up ? Don't spend a penny on front end stuff, just save for the SAS. ;) BTW, if you are handy, you can make your own custom skid plates from UHMW PE fairly cheaply and easily.

B