What if?

cdhicks99

The latter...

Eat piss max.

CD, I'm a volunteer EMS in NY. The power supply for my strobes burnt out.

If your truck didn't have any suspension bushings, they'd be higher up on your list. hah.

Once you get your truck to the point where mine is, you can criticize what I spend my money on.

As far as the e-fan stuff goes...what better stuff can you think of for $70? I've already got the fan, out of a big diesel volvo truck, for free. I just need relays, wiring, and the controller. $70 is a high guesstimate. Try to buy a new fan clutch for less than that.

Why not interco? Because I hate swampers. Swampers suck more hoohoo than Max on pavement. I drive an average of 40k miles a year. Interco tires wear like crap.

I meant Rear bumper/tire carrier....got ahead of myself.

-thnkboutit- :crazy::crazy:

Eat piss max.

CD, I'm a volunteer EMS in NY. The power supply for my strobes burnt out.

If your truck didn't have any suspension bushings, they'd be higher up on your list. hah.

Once you get your truck to the point where mine is, you can criticize what I spend my money on.

As far as the e-fan stuff goes...what better stuff can you think of for $70? I've already got the fan, out of a big diesel volvo truck, for free. I just need relays, wiring, and the controller. $70 is a high guesstimate. Try to buy a new fan clutch for less than that.

Why not interco? Because I hate swampers. Swampers suck more hoohoo than Max on pavement. I drive an average of 40k miles a year. Interco tires wear like crap.

I meant Rear bumper/tire carrier....got ahead of myself.

-thnkboutit- :crazy::crazy:

:hide:

I'm feeling bad now....

I wasn't critiquing at all, this is about my truck that is factory now!

Over the next week this shopping list is going to turn into a todo list.

Right now I feel more inclined to focus on suspension etc. than my cooloing system which works fine for now.

I chose TSL's since I do little to no hwy driving in it.

And yes the rear bumper I am building is similar to the e-bay link you posted in another thread.

Sorry if I offended you, but this is about me, me, me, me, me, me, me! :aok:

wellll. if I HAD 1k i would by an amp. for my sub. which is in relation to my pathy. and a bigger alt. yeah.. that sounds about right.... or somethin to give her more juice like headers and exhaust and that kinda fun stuff. ; p

t-case gears.

I retract my previus statement.. i agree about the T-case gears. some 4:1's would be sooooo nice and easier on the clutch.

and what was that thing i saw about 115 bucks for a body lift.. check out jcwhitney man they are only like 75 bucks

and what was that thing i saw about 115 bucks for a body lift.. check out jcwhitney man they are only like 75 bucks

Thanks I will.

I haven't done any shopping around yet, those are just off a few websites.

Here's the logical list:

Suspension Bushings ($160)

Tires ($430)

E-Fan installation crap ($70)

And put the other $340 towards fixing my emissions crap.

Here's my 'If-I-had-$10,000' list: (Note: these prices are retail, and do not reflect my costs)

(5) 32x11.50x15" Goodyear MT/Rs ($780)

(4) new wheels (one is still new) ($150)

ARB Rear Locker ($699)

ARB Compact Compressor ($159)

Front LSD ($450)

Rear Tire Carrier ($400)

BP Front Bumper ($800 (>?< Pricing unknown at this time)

T-Max 10K winch from summit ($459)

New suspension links/arms ($~1200)

New springs ($300)

JWT Cams ($550)

E-fan installation crap ($70)

(2) Optima Yellow Top Batteries ($300)

Dual Battery kit ($100)

Limb Risers ($15)

Replace my strobe lights ($300)

PA/Siren ($300)

Locomotive Horns w/compressor ($350)

ARB Large Freezer/Fridge ($680)

Cargo Organizer ($80 worth of wood)

$1858 towards shipping/tax/fixing broken crap

$10,000 (excluding shipping and tax)

Dan, on the $10K dream list, I can go along with most of it, but I wonder about a few things. FYI, I'm NOT trying to be critical, or saying your wrong, just wondering about a few things.

Tires, not a bad choice, but seems like an AWFULLY high price to me. I got exactly the same size tires for less than $500 mounted, balanced, road hazard. Uniroyal Larados. Maybe that's one of the things you can get cheaper?

Front LSD. Since you already are getting the rear ARB, why not a front ARB? In MY opinion, which means NOTHING to anybody but me, LSD's SUCK.

JWT cams. Why not Schnieder regrinds? Cheaper, and you can get the EXACT grind you want.

Again, just curious, not critical.

Yes, the MTRs are ridiculously expensive. But I really like the way they perform. Also, that's for 5, not 4.

I've spent a considerable amount of time weighing the options between the LSD and ARB, and I'm really not going to be doing anything much more extreme than I'm already doing with my truck, and I really only NEED the rear locker, but having a little extra something up front wouldn't hurt. I doubt that I'd ever need to have a locked diff up there, and the LSD would suit my needs (at this time) better than the locker.

I completely forgot about the Schnieders...Thanks for reminding me!! ;)

Well, my $1000 What-If just came true. Just sent off an invoice for just over $1200. biggrin.gif

So you finally sold your body to Science??? :hide:

You do know you have to claim that as income in the year you receive it :contract:

WTF? Is this a truck or a childs toy? :wacko:

I dunno, I dont see the insult in calling it a child's toy, my path is my toy, and I dont really know how adult I am... :aok: