Calmini

Guest ARB

it probably is....but you could also just buy the torsion bars, and get some Ford F-150 coils for the rear lift, or Jeep Grand Cherokee coils. They both will give you added lift in the rear, and are MUCH cheaper than new ones.....check local scrapyards. Then, with the new torsion bars, you'll be able to crack them up to level out the front. Whether you get the kit or not, you'll need an alignment afterwards, so the new A-arms may, or may not be worth it. It also depends on how good, or bad, your current shocks are...

I know Jim has the Calmini torsion bars in his Pathy, and he's said he likes them.

• 1 year later...

Guys,

This is also the kit that I am looking at putting on my 92

$750+SH From what I have seen and read it does the job for a SL.

I am not planning on a BL, just because I feel the SL is all that is really needed for the weekend brush beating and hunting that I do.

Im still looking for the how to crank the t-bars:(

Im still looking for the how to crank the t-bars:(

You gotta be kiddin' right? Google: "cranking pathfinder torsion bars" and click on the first link provided.

Also Calmini is so ridiculously overpriced it's not even funny, and most people that actually try to off road with their components are cursing them out. Whatever suspension lift you get, make sure you factor in a steering system upgrade into your budget (such as L&P centerlink) or you'll be blowing the stock one or two trail runs.

Edited by Filthy Luker

I have the Calmini kit fitted and I think it is pretty damn good. Haven't had any problems with it, and I hit some pretty good trails. As has been said though, make sure you incorporate a steering upgrade into your costings. I have spent about 1000(australian) replacing stock steering components since I lifted. Evidently it is easier to get steering upgrades in the US for that in Australia. :angry:

I found some JGC springs at the local Junk Yard for $20 each, they said they had about 12 rigs out there with AWD V8's :D Ill be picking them up in the morning.

Filthy, found Jim B's page it was the 1st on on the google, thankyou P... now its back under the beast.

I installed that same kit on mine. For a complete kit with all you need included it's REAL GOOD! The stuff is heavy duty and goes together easily. I also had no problem getting it aligned the first time with new tires.

The only complaint I have is the UCA bushings like to squeak, but I don't care.

If you have the money for the kit buy it. If I had it to do over I wouldn't lift mine any other way!!! :D

I agree. The squeak thing is annoying. But, Calmini UCAs are very well made. Way more solid than any other ones I've seen. I can't imagine damaging mine. The guys at my alignment place said they were the best they've ever seen. If you can spare the dough, I'm sure you'll like them.

30's on a 3" lift would look fine, but I would move to a bigger tire down the road. 33's with only the 3" lift rub the hell out of everything. Im putting the 3" body lift on later this month if time permits.

Casey, just shoot me a PM.

31's dont look bad at all, it'll look funny to you at first, but you'll get use to it. And if you do any hard off roading, you might wanna only go to 32's, the 33's are a heavy tire and can kill the TRE's pretty quickly, and the steering too if yours is stock. I plan on some 33's REAL SOON, but i dont wheel to hard either, just like the mud. :)

You should be fine. I think it depends on the type of tire too as to how it looks. A more agressive MT looks much more at home than a street tire. Here is mine on very worn down 31" MT's with 3" suspension + 3" body lift.

post-6-1126232223.jpg

Edited by Mr. Pickles

Ok, I found some 33/950R-15 Mud Terrain SXT from Les Schwabs @$150 each (PC 02113966). They will fit on the stock rims NP.

Will I have the steering clearance with the stock rims or will I have to up grade the rims with the Calmini 3" SL?

man, i'm goin with 3" BL and 3" SL by way of JGC coils and new a-arms and torsion bars, and im gonna run 35's. that may be excessive, but hey, why not. im going to cut my fenders alot to and run a custom front bumper and exo cage. lol, sounds crazy now but it'll be cool when its done.