Gas saving magnet

KILLVOX

I tried the magnet trick. I found the *plans* for it online and bought the neodymium magnets cheap off ebay. Didn't work a bit. It did however make a handy place to hold sockets and screwdrivers and stuff while working on the truck. All the *plans* said to do was get those high powered and make them repulse each other thru the fuel line from the negitive sides.

The only thing I've found that actually makes a difference is acetone... I know the mythbusters busted that one also, but they did something wrong.

My pathy gets a consistant 12-13city 14-15hwy without it, and with it I get 15-16city 19-20hwy.

I don't know if it has anything to do with the fact that they now add 10% ethanol to ALL the gas in and around Houston.

Also on my drive to and from work I have to drive across a big overpass(bridge). Without acetone my pathy will downshift to maintain speed. With acetone the torque converter stays locked and it maintains speed just fine. That by itself is proof enough for me.

I add 3oz to a full tank. A gallon of acetone is $13. I think it's worth it. ;) Also I don't run it in every tank. I usually forget to add it, then notice how much gas I'm wasting and make sure to remember the next time.

• 4 weeks later...

Acetone? That's a pretty strong solvent... hopefully 3 oz. is not enough to do any

internal damage in the long run. You've got me curious about trying it now.

Been thinking about alternative combustible fuels or additives for those of us who

can't run anything more than E85 ethanol, and organic solvents always came to

mind. Problem is, they are more expensive than gas anyways so it isn't worth it

unless it's an additive.

I read somewhere here that nissan doesn't recommend using fuel injector cleaners

or any other additives due to the fact that they might degrade internal parts, but

I can't imagine this to be true. Of course, I've never had any gas mileage/performance

improvements after using that kind of stuff anyways...

• 2 weeks later...

my pathy got the best mileage when I ran it on a propriatary mix of aviation fuel, isopropyl alcohol, mineral spirits, and moonshine...I can sell you the recipe. cheap.

and Los Angeles will become a suburb of San Francisco (or at least the land on which they stand) in about 100 million years or so. Major global tectonic changes must occur (the sense of motion on the San Andreas Fault) for California to ever "fall into the ocean"

Guest Stormin Grey

I added that Vortec Cyclone....like the tornado thing... yeah yeah, as seen TV... :lol: but I seen a 1-3 gain on the highway.. plus I have the K&N....maybe thats the reason...but that magnet thing??? hate to admit, but i DID consider it... :rolleyes:

• 1 year later...
I added that Vortec Cyclone....like the tornado thing... yeah yeah, as seen TV... :lol: but I seen a 1-3 gain on the highway.. plus I have the K&N....maybe thats the reason...but that magnet thing??? hate to admit, but i DID consider it... :rolleyes:

I just purchased this. Awaiting its arrival. Is the mileage you received them still consistant today? ProTex Twister. I got two, one for the Pathy and one for the Alty. I've always wondered how it worked. The concept of it sounds convincing enough. And its cheap, so what the hell.

TwisterSide-Graphic-complet.jpg

Edited by 90seven

• 2 weeks later...

I think you're going to be disappointed. :( As other people have said, why would sticking something into your intake (thereby reducing interior flow) help? The air doesn't spiral all the way into the cylinder, not with the way it's set up. It's been tested quite a few times IIRC.

There are some ways to help with your gas mileage.

One of my Subarus has a VERY short and VERY cold air intake....this helped on mileage, it's also bloody loud! LOL

This same car also has a lightened crankshaft pulley and flywheel...this too helped, it also spun the engine upto speed faster, helped out on horsepower (reducing rotating mass helps dramatically) bt it does have trouble maintaining an idle due to the fact there is not much momentum keeping the engine turning.

Another one is to wheel your rig into a JiffyLube or place like that and get the Fuel SYSTEM (not injector) Clean performed.....this works wonders. It won't increase your gas mileage to MORE then what it sohuld be but it will certainly help restore it.

My Subaru was rated for 23 around town and 27 on the highway.....after I was done with it my wife could 34mpg on the highway in a 99 Subaru Outback. I personally could still never get any better 19 ROFL