hissing sound from back of truck?

iLLlegal

k so today i was helping boost my grandmas car. and I had my engine running and I was walking around right.

well behind my rear wheel i hear this kind of hissing sound. is this normal. ive never listened back there. i sounds like its coming somewere by my gas tank. any suggestions. if you need more info ill try and answer. thanks

:wacko:

laughing. laughing that i have to buy a new fuel pump. then yes im laughing lol....yeah... but accually. thats good to know.

mabey i like that sound..mabey ill just keep it :D

haha nope. its been like a YR and i still havent found an amp. PLUS i rear ended some lady so im down 1200. so its gunna be some time until i come up with some fun money to power that baby. :( end of august is what im shooting for...

Long ago when I was having major problems... umm well the first time I had major problems :shrug: I troubleshot the Fuel Pump. A call to a local dealers service center got me into contact with an old-time Nissan tech. He told me that "most" of the Pathfinders got the access door but not all of them. He knew of no real pattern to what did and what did not get the door.

iirc I think I found a 4dr once that did not have the access door. Only way to tell for sure is to pull the carpet up in the cargo area ;)

As for the hiss.. as stated it is likely the fuel pump. Does that mean it will need replacement soon? I doubt it, the original did it and so did the replacement that I got from a wrecking yard, neither one showed any signs of failing. My original had 250,000+ miles on it and the replacement was around 150,000. (For the record, my replacement of the fuel pump did as I expected... nothing, so now I have a spare, my trucks original)

and illg, you get an amp for that LMT yet? I wanna see(or feel?) that thing in action!!!! :o

on second though, it may be kinda scary seeing tht thing with 2000 watts :hide:

my bro has 3 12"s in his CRX, only 2 are hooked up and his amp pushes 3000 watts to easch speaker, i forgot what thats called but he has the amp as low as it can go and also the bass as low as it can go at the head unit, its insanly loud and the best part is its clear sound, his tag and what not doesnt rattle, he spent alot of time making it that way and it payed off but i cant put into words how loud it is and how clear it sounds, he has a bass test cd thats like 5 hours long, theres a part that hits so low that you cant hear it but you can see the windows and speakers jumping, its insane

(For the record, my replacement of the fuel pump did as I expected... nothing, so now I have a spare, my trucks original)

I got different results when I replaced my fuel pump (also with one found at a junk yard).

- Hissing gone

- Fuel gauge was more accurate. Mileage improved

I had the fuel filter replaced at the same time as well.

k so today i was helping boost my grandmas car. and I had my engine running and I was walking around right.

well behind my rear wheel i hear this kind of hissing sound. is this normal. ive never listened back there. i sounds like its coming somewere by my gas tank. any suggestions. if you need more info ill try and answer. thanks

:wacko:

although the exhaust is on the left so maybe.. mine (fuel pump) does buzz even after i shut it off now.. never noticed it before but i noticed the same thing on my friends Xterra the other day.. hmmm

yours must be wierd! mine buzzes. :P:D

Edited by mzxtreme

lol damn it. well i was hearing this noise on the RIGHT SIDE of my vehical. right in the wheel well. :P mabey hissing is better than buzzing. +10HP woo. ;)

that's most likely the pump then.. i wouldn't worry about it though.

I know the sound of which you speak, I wouldn't call it a hiss, but close... Regardless, yes, it's the fuel pump in some manner and mine has done it for about 2 years and 13k miles exactly the same so I doubt it is a sign that it is going out. Perhaps some may vibrate more than others ? Replacing it means you tighten it back down which is what it needed ? Slightly differnt frequence or pressure ? It is inside of a resonance well after all. I wouldn't worry about it unless you suddenly STOP hearing the noise... ;)

B

Oh, could it be the return flow hose ?? The pressure regulator needs a bypass so the pump doesn't overwork and heat up... Well, at least thats the way my VW is set up. :shrug:

Edited by Precise1