Very bad news

Pathfinder-jay

As MZ said... ;)

Still, $21,000 takes a long time to build up in rent. Something seems fishy here. Were I the landlord and someone was $5K behind, I'd be on their ass or writing the eviction notice...

Still, we are back to you not HAVING to dump the truck or parts, just having patience. It is your choice, but I think you can deal with the issues without just giving up. We can't do the work for you, but there are plenty of poeple that will tell you what you don't know. Have the Pathy towed home. You can push it 100 feet every week to keep it from getting towed while you work on it. Virtually all automotive work I've done in the last 9 years was without a garage). Even if you do plan to sell it off, do it organised and inteligently so you recoupe as much as possible (for the next one). Think about it.

B

• Replies 68
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Well its 90% official that this project has come to an end... he has no intentions of finishing the project... and the court thing is going to take awhile. Unless anyone is willing to come up here and help me put her back together... I pay gas and labour.... then im screwed :sniff: :sniff: :sniff: :shrug: :idea: :help:

Man I dont know if youve seen my truck, but at this point nothing will make it operational to move it... its in peices... I dont even have wheel wells, no rad support, no floor, no gas lines, no brake lines etc... complete depression is this situation...

Not sure no reply on that one... trying it....

Guys its not the fact to get my truck out... its that I need it. Im 18 attending trade school... and ive already sacraficed not having a car for 2 months now... causing alot of troubles getting around...my school is 3 hours away by bus or 15 min drive. 3 hours by bus does not allow me to make it home in time to work a part-time job... This is my only car and that was all my money pretty much...

so as i said... im screwed :help:

I think you need to stop thinking so negatively and start trying to figure out what you are going to do, mmy suggestion is find a way to get your truck somewhere safe. Rent a storage unit if you have too, some places have deals going for like dirt cheap for first month store your pathy in there as long as you make first payment you have bought yourself a month, second buy a "beater" u can usually get one for like 500 bucks some cheaper. as long as it gets you to and from school and maybe a part time job other than that get buddies to help you get your pathy road worthy everybody here is willing to answer your tech questions wish i could answer them but when it comes to some of this particular stuff i am kinda stupid. So i ask you Jay what'ya gonna do? Cause you gotta do something. :type:

I still say J, do it in your driveway as that is where alot of us started out. I remember at -30 stuffing cardboard on all 4 sides of a chevette and putting a little heater under there. Then since that didn't unfreeze I had to put some charcoal under it as well. Then she unfroze. The reason the cardboard was because the windchill was extremely cold.

That was at 16-17 man so it's determination. If you want it bad enough (I wanted my car going) you will get it done and screw them that screwed you over for right now. You can deal with them later.

:beer:

like others said, you gotta think positive.

just last winder(a manitoba winter that is!!!) I was outside in the minis 25-30* trying to work on my path. its not fun, by any mean. but she runs great now and im very glad I did work on it even when I though there was no hope. the payoff will be well worth it.

now I know its been said before, and I think I even comented on it. but you do realize it is a 92 pathfinder, right? seems to me like you put WAY to much onto/into this project specialy if its your only mean of trasportation. but thats just me.

buy a beater. and just beat on it till the path is done.

are there any vo-tech schools around there? A buddy of mine got a deal where he let the school have his car to rebuild. Students did the labor and learned. All he had to pay was the parts and even those were cheap cause lots were donated to the school. He got it back in great shape and threw a nice donation to the school afterwards since he had saved so much. Just a thought

Anyone want to come up to canada and help me finish her up :help: :help:

I'd for sure help you if you lived near Kamloops BC....

Not that I'd be much help anyway, but I'd give another Pathy owner an extra pair of hands B)

Thanks guys! well i got over 10 guys to come see my truck and everyone has either denied it or asked over 7000$ to finish the job. The guy at the shop feels so guilty hes getting the power back friday and completing my truck. Now its not 100% cause i dont trust this guy but he can see how much this is hurting me and all the trouble i went through during this project, and he has kids so he understands... so maybe i grabbed him by the heart strings on this one! :beer:

well now that im 50/50 on this im looking around at other pathies with the money he owes me...and declared hed give back to me.

Anyhow

Its a 1992, se, manual,212 xxx km, black exterior/greyish, beige interior, AC, radio, casetter player (i have a cd player), air bags, bag deffoger, abs brakes, leather interior, aluminim wheels, electic-->mirrors, and alot of other goodies... sunroof, side bars, back wing, tinted windows... towing kit, 4 new tires,

Anyway they are asking 3900... negociable which seems pretty decent and if anything needs to be changed... i got tons of spare parts...

Like i said this is just an alternative.

20055511455706_20058128817191.jpg

Also a quick question... could i put my cromed rims on this?

Thanks

Jay

well now that im 50/50 on this im looking around at other pathies with the money he owes me...and declared hed give back to me.

Anyhow

Its a 1992, se, manual,212 xxx km, black exterior/greyish, beige interior, AC, radio, casetter player (i have a cd player), air bags, bag deffoger, abs brakes, leather interior, aluminim wheels, electic-->mirrors, and alot of other goodies... sunroof, side bars, back wing, tinted windows... towing kit, 4 new tires,

Anyway they are asking 3900... negociable which seems pretty decent and if anything needs to be changed... i got tons of spare parts...

Like i said this is just an alternative.

20055511455706_20058128817191.jpg

Also a quick question... could i put my cromed rims on this?

Thanks

Jay

I think that would be a great idea P...