Hey from Japan

Indigent

I am in the Air Force, stationed in Japan. I recently bought a 1991 Terrano turbo diesel for $1500 US, and was wondering if anyone else around here has any experience with these TD27T engines. This is the first diesel I have ever owned, so I don't know very much about them.

Other than that, I love this vehicle. It never gets stuck, and it is amazingly fun to drive.

Hey there! Welcome WAVEY

I drive a TD27T. So don't hesitate to ask me questions. What I do not know, I can ask in local message boards. I know one board where you can find everything about diesels. Unfortunately for you, it's in Russian.... so in case of a problem (though I do hope you won't have any) post a message, and I'll do my best to help.

D.

EDIT: Don't see any pics. Where are the pics, man? :lol:

Edited by Terrano

cdhicks99: it's konniciwa :P

terrano: Thanks. I have a feeling that I will be pm'ing you alot hehe.

I went out last night to a pretty good spot and got the truck nice and dirty for some pics. Here is one for now until I finish converting the rest to jpegs.

dirty1.jpg

Edited by Indigent

こんにちわ、 さかなーさん。  おげんきですか。

あなたのなまえわおかしいですね。

どうぞよろしく。

Edited by Indigent

Hey it's "fish".. sakana...

Three years of Japanese in highschool... woo

Welcome to the boards. Enjoy.

I've always wondered what people think over there when you drive through the city with a truck covered in mud...

Hey it's "fish".. sakana...

Bah! My cover has been blown!

And they think the same thing that everyone else would, except some people like me just dont notice it, since they see it all the time in their own yard.

I get some pretty mean looking stares. People are morbidly obsessed with keeping their cars clean. haha lol

That is about as clean as my terrano ever gets! :D

In parking lots, people cross to the other side of the lot while walking to avoid my truck. It is hilarious.

There are a very small few Japanese people here that actually go off road, and those ones that do, show interest. Once they find out where I took my truck though, they get glassy-eyed and lose interest. Like "oh, screw that!"

I guess cars are just too expensive over here to "abuse" them.

I just got the terrano's JCI inspection done, and the inspector was pulling fist sized dirty chunks and pieces of grass and branches out of the undercarriage. He was not pleased. It was also hilarious, until he threatened to fail me.

I can't wait to get back to the states where this kind of activity is more commonplace.

WAVEY You truck looks pretty much the same mine, same accessorys. I bought mine from Japan (Takasaki) and shipped it over here. Mine even had the same lights on the A bar as yours until someone on the boat took a liking to them and thought they'd help themselves pssd

-Ed

Edited by Datsunman

I bought mine from Japan (Takasaki) and shipped it over here.

Here being where exactly, and if the answer is the US, then how did you get it over there? What was the process? I very seriously want to take mine with me!

theres alot of importing companys that will work out all that paper work for you. you can do it yourself but i dunno its sometimes easier if they do it. but then again the process might be totally different in the US. but i kinda know how for canada cuz i was looking to import a skyline. ill check around for yeah.