Attention to Detail

QUOTE (Jmax5000 @ Jun 18 2006, 09:04 PM)

I didn't know that, this is my first nissan...handy those orange thingys.... 

its all good, i just wanted to post that pic

Oh for sure man, I'm lovin the pic, had me rollin on the floor when I saw it! :clap:

• Replies 99
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

:shrug:

I didn't know that, this is my first nissan...handy those orange thingys....

Only other vehicle I had with a thingy was my BMW, but it was black. :D

Gotta take stock in the simple things in life.

Another interesting, functional Nissan part was the little flip lever by the latch on the tailgate so you can lock it without the key when you shut it.

Another interesting, functional Nissan part was the little flip lever by the latch on the tailgate so you can lock it without the key when you shut it.

I went and took al ook for that thing today- and what do ya know, there it was :cool2:

That little unit will save me a lttle bit of time when Im loading and unloading my drums at shows :P

I say that's up there with orange thingy!

Yeah, it's on the drivers side door console... Called "power locks"... :P

B

haha wow. isnt that the only way you can lock the rear door? like if you turn the key one way it opens the door. if you turn it the other it opens the window.

I could always open the window then shut it..but ive been using that little button from day 1 B)

i dunno if nissan intended this but i love that one hole in the firewall that is covered by a plate..right behind the pedals..its perfect to run power wires and stuff threw. you guys have already pointed on the really good stuff but i still like that feature.

AND that the stock stereo can be easily replaced with an aftermarket one. not like lets say...GMC. my friend has a gmc and you have to get all these different plastic parts to make the deck fit and to move it to the middle of the dash...I was SOOO happy i could just pop mine in when i got it. :clap:

ok... This Orange Thiny Equiped is bugging me...

I will assume at this point its the Orange LSD Sticker on your rear diffs?

its the lil clip inside the gas tank door. so you can put your gas cap in it..rather than leave it on your roof..etc.

not saying it wasnt right there on page 4 :rolleyes:

if you turn the key one way it opens the door. if you turn it the other it opens the window.

Yeah, this is true, but if you only turn the key like 1/2-3/4 turn, it locks the door without opening the window.

dunno if nissan intended this but i love that one hole in the firewall that is covered by a plate..right behind the pedals..its perfect to run power wires and stuff threw.

I know exactly what you mean, When I was installing my stero I was like, " sweet, how &^%*@$# sweet is that!"

haha wow. isnt that the only way you can lock the rear door?

i dunno if nissan intended this but i love that one hole in the firewall that is covered by a plate..right behind the pedals..

Jmax is right, if you turn the key toward the window open direction but not far enough to open the window it will lock the bottom.

There are a couple pluged holes in the firewall, if you have an automatic, the clutch hole has a plug (about 1 1/2"), and we all have a plug for the in dash e-brake setup. :aok:

I like how the thermostat is mounted upside down, and the front end has no flex.

I also enjoy how the stock bumpers can be crushed like a tin can.

Oh, and the marvelous engineer that decided the north american trucks spare tire carrier should open the same direction as the JDM ones. It's great when you're parked against the curb and loading/unloading things out of the back and you get to walk around it 100 times.

How can we forget the steering wheel that looks like it belongs in the millenium falcon?

Or the interference head design?

The vertical bushing in the centerlink?

the point where the body seams meet under the back seat and eventually leads to a hole?

How the cast part of the exhaust under the drivers side floor that leads to a another hole?

Non-standard pitch on the wheel studs?

Ohhh, tiny bolts that hold the stock skid plate on!

The way the starter has to come out in between the centerlink and frame to get it out quick?

Brittle exhaust manifold studs?

A whiz-bang coil/link setup that has no flex?

The way the front bumper mounts inside the body instead of on frame horns, making winch mounting an exciting adventure?

I love how any tire bigger than a 235 on the spare tire rack will eventually twist the studs out from smacking it on the ground coming off obstacles.

Oh yeah, and how the spacious back seat is eclipsed by the narrower-than-all-hell door openings.

I still love my truck, even though its been known to bug me :P

Edited by lowrider

I like how the thermostat is mounted upside down, and the front end has no flex.

I also enjoy how the stock bumpers can be crushed like a tin can.

Oh, and the marvelous engineer that decided the north american trucks spare tire carrier should open the same direction as the JDM ones. It's great when you're parked against the curb and loading/unloading things out of the back and you get to walk around it 100 times.

How can we forget the steering wheel that looks like it belongs in the millenium falcon?

Or the interference head design?

The vertical bushing in the centerlink?

the point where the body seams meet under the back seat and eventually leads to a hole?

How the cast part of the exhaust under the drivers side floor that leads to a another hole?

Non-standard pitch on the wheel studs?

Ohhh, tiny bolts that hold the stock skid plate on!

The way the starter has to come out in between the centerlink and frame to get it out quick?

Brittle exhaust manifold studs?

A whiz-bang coil/link setup that has no flex?

The way the front bumper mounts inside the body instead of on frame horns, making winch mounting an exciting adventure?

I love how any tire bigger than a 235 on the spare tire rack will eventually twist the studs out from smacking it on the ground coming off obstacles.

Oh yeah, and how the spacious back seat is eclipsed by the narrower-than-all-hell door openings.

I still love my truck, even though its been known to bug me :P

T-stats work or they don't, why's it make any difference which direction it faces? That's typical IFS, whaddya want?

Pathfinders already weigh 4100 + lbs, did you want another helping of weight?

Apparently they simply didn't want to change tooling to make millions of trucks (and a different carrier) with the carrier on the other side. It's a sensible money-saver for a big company like Nissan.

Are you being picky? I never noticed anything wierd about the steering wheels. There are two types, by the way. A four-spoke and a two-spoke.

Millions of other Japanese engines use an interference design. What's so special about them using it in a Pathfinder?

Agreed, the centerlink was designed for on-road use only and even then it doesn't last long.

I have no holes whatsoever in mine. Do you live in an area where the roads are salted in winter or near the ocean?

Millions of other imports use 14x1.25 studs.

There are only so many places you can put a starter. At least you don't have to jack the engine up to get it out.

Agreed, I think they went the cheap route on the studs.

The rear axle will flex just fine if you remove the swaybar. Add longer shocks and it goes even further.

Mount up a Nissan brushguard with the winch mount and it apparently works fine. Go figure...

I highly doubt Nissan ever envisioned people smacking the spare tire on the ground when they built them...

True, but they apparently didn't want to change tooling or frames or bodies to make it longer for easier access. I don't hear many people complain about that one.

tell me about it! i love that feature. like trying to run new wires is a breeze :clap:

ummm....i was being sarcastic.

That retarded alternator spot is begging to be full of mud.

(GrimGreg @ Jun 19 2006, 08:52 AM)

So explain to me where this thing is again..... :huh:

oh where could it be? oh where...? :D

:laugh:

Open the hatch and look at the latch, just to the top right of it sticking out of the sheetmetal is a little plastic piece, push it in towards the sheetmetal and it will lock the latch.