Attention to Detail

The front lip on the ashtray can be used as a bottle opener

i didnt think anyone else knew about that lol

definately the small storage compartments in the rear and under the back seats.

-location of the rear window release

-alarm selectability (on, off, shock off) switch

-definately the #6 plug compared to my r50.

-3 peice front bumpers

-FRAME

coils

• Replies 99
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I can't believe I forgot about this for so long, and nobody else touched up on it, but the little Nissan tradition of the high rear door handles got started with this kind of Pathfinder! This seems to be a divisive issue though, my girlfriend and numerous others have told me how stupid they thought they were, and several people have tried to fold the front seat forward to get in the back seat because they didn't notice there were 4 doors!

I like them because they give off that exact impression: It's a 4-door that LOOKS like a 2-door, and it gives you a good lever spot to get the door open (imagine if it had a conventional door handle...it would have to be practically in the center of the door!) It keeps the sides of the car looking sleek, too.

What's weird to me is how they've kept that tradition all the way up to the new Pathfinders and the Armada, where the doors are much larger and short people actually can't reach the high handles!

I can't believe I forgot about this for so long, and nobody else touched up on it, but the little Nissan tradition of the high rear door handles got started with this kind of Pathfinder! This seems to be a divisive issue though, my girlfriend and numerous others have told me how stupid they thought they were, and several people have tried to fold the front seat forward to get in the back seat because they didn't notice there were 4 doors!

I like them because they give off that exact impression: It's a 4-door that LOOKS like a 2-door, and it gives you a good lever spot to get the door open (imagine if it had a conventional door handle...it would have to be practically in the center of the door!) It keeps the sides of the car looking sleek, too.

What's weird to me is how they've kept that tradition all the way up to the new Pathfinders and the Armada, where the doors are much larger and short people actually can't reach the high handles!

I totally agree with you...I always loved that rear door handle design that Nissan did...and you're right...it did start with the WD21 :D

So many Xterra owners forget that the Pathfinder came first, and the R&D guys molded a lot of what the Xterra would become after the 1st Generation Pathfinder.

That they did....that's one thing that bugs me about some of the Xterra guys...they think that their trucks are totally 100% new and innovative....totally forgetting the heritage that is the WD21...after all, their truck is the WD22...coincidence? I think NOT!

That they did....that's one thing that bugs me about some of the Xterra guys...they think that their trucks are totally 100% new and innovative....totally forgetting the heritage that is the WD21...after all, their truck is the WD22...coincidence? I think NOT!

i agree.. bunch of Xholes if you ask me.. :D

So many Xterra owners forget that the Pathfinder came first, and the R&D guys molded a lot of what the Xterra would become after the 1st Generation Pathfinder.

Except that they cut corners every place they could making it nowhere near as good as WD21s. They didn't even give them the spark plug tools! sssh

I think they actually removed (or added crap) half of what was good about the WD-21s when they made the WD-22s. Rear suspension, rear glass that can be opened, a gas tank that didn't hang so low, no worthless plastic filler parts on the body or bumpers....

I like the way that there is a little door right above the fuel pump on the gas tank. Every other car that i have worked on i have had to drop the whole gas tank to get to that stupid thing. I also like the way that there is a little removable piece on the bottom of the fan shroud. It make the whole piece easy to remove. Another thing is the way that the rear window can be opened with the spare tire carrier closed.

This is my first car and i am already in love with it, and very spoiled with it.

I dunno if other vehicles have this but none of my old cars did- The little unit that holds your gas filler cap on the inside of the filler door. I love that, I never forget about the gas cap on top of the pump..... or on the roof.... or on the ground, or wherever you might put it if not for that little doodad. :cool2:

I dunno if other vehicles have this but none of my old cars did- The little unit that holds your gas filler cap on the inside of the filler door. I love that, I never forget about the gas cap on top of the pump..... or on the roof.... or on the ground, or wherever you might put it if not for that little doodad. :cool2:

most nissans come Orange Thingy Equipped

6669632.jpg