world cup

94extreme

germany was leading at halftime of the opening game 2:1 over Costa Rica.. Poland v. Ecuador is next and i'll be heading out the door here shortly to watch it with a couple of my friends.

Polska Siła!!!

Teamgeist_World_Cup_Ball_06A.jpg

i think argentina was leading 2-1 at half over some country from africa... (CMF) not sure who they were, but i went down into town today and people were going crazy over the game

(by the way its happy hour ALL the time)

i think argentina was leading 2-1 at half over some country from africa... (CMF) not sure who they were, but i went down into town today and people were going crazy over the game

It's Costa do Marfim... but I have no idea how the name of this country is in English... :P

Côte d'Ivoire or formerly know as the ivory coast.

http://fifaworldcup.yahoo.com/06/en/w/matc...plate.html?id=5

nice. i saw some guy get punched out for cheering for cmf when they scored. i was like thats awesome...it happened at a place called las quesadillas during happy hour en cabos san lucas...

its cool how anything goes here.

They're not playing good defence at all. The offense is looking alright, but we need more energy; you're not gonna win a game against the Czech's by just controlling the ball. I liked the commentators idea of dropping Donovan back to Midfield, he needs to get his foot on the ball a bit more.

They're not playing good defence at all. The offense is looking alright, but we need more energy; you're not gonna win a game against the Czech's by just controlling the ball. I liked the commentators idea of dropping Donovan back to Midfield, he needs to get his foot on the ball a bit more.

3:0 final. dismal showing at best.. the feeder for the 3rd goal was just beautiful. czechs really showed up. very hungry, the first goal was at 5min mark. :o perfect short pass execution and triangle play.. very impressive. i watched the match on univision so no idea about the american commentators but the latinos were rather impressed with the czechs. USA defence was pretty sad, i agree but i'll go further and say the goalie wasn't at his best either.. a little out of position on at least one of the goals. playing sleeper first half wasn't a good move agains the #2 team in the world either.. Italy is next and i fear an early exit out of this WC also.

Whats funny? That we arent good at a sport which only maybe 1/16th of our country plays?

exactly, also don't forget that USA beer sucks too, and overweight girls make me sick

:lol:

Whats funny? That we arent good at a sport which only maybe 1/16th of our country plays?

Damn, is there anything US related that you aren't defensive about ??? :D

B

USA defence was pretty sad, i agree but i'll go further and say the goalie wasn't at his best either.. a little out of position on at least one of the goals. playing sleeper first half wasn't a good move agains the #2 team in the world either.. Italy is next and i fear an early exit out of this WC also.

Yep, Czechs has shown why they're #2 in FIFA's ranking... :clap:

By the way, according to that ranking, USA is #5... should play like that... ;)

No offense, but... I don't believe in rankings :unsure:

I don't believe that much in Italy, but it's used to surrender... that's what happened in 1982, Italy wasn't playing that good, Brazil had one of the best teams of his history, and then... Italy 3x2, thanks to Paolo Rossi... he was playing a @!*%, but in the last 3 matches he leaded Italy to be the world champion being the top scorer with 6 goals achieved in those matches.

P... At that world cup (Spain 82) me and a lot of friends used to get together to see each match, and also have dinner together (just after the game), and the menu used to be a typical food of the country who was playing against Brazil... :P

Nobody ate that pasta... :(