world cup

94extreme

I was watching the aus vs japan game...japan was up 1-0 when i finished my beers. but i have no idea if that game was actually today or not

aus beat jap. not sure what the final score was but check fifa yahoo site and you'll know.. i think i linked to it somewhere above..

I was watching the aus vs japan game...japan was up 1-0 when i finished my beers. but i have no idea if that game was actually today or not

Aus 3 x Japan 1, it was the first match on this Monday.

Australia put Japan under pressure at the latest minutes and in less than 10 minutes "has made" 3 goals (sorry, I don't know the right verb... did 3 goals, make 3 goals, whatever...)

Japan deffense showed to be a weak point...

Yep, Czechs has shown why they're #2 in FIFA's ranking... :clap:

By the way, according to that ranking, USA is #5... should play like that... ;)

No offense, but... I don't believe in rankings :unsure:

I don't believe that much in Italy, but it's used to surrender... that's what happened in 1982, Italy wasn't playing that good, Brazil had one of the best teams of his history, and then... Italy 3x2, thanks to Paolo Rossi... he was playing a @!*%, but in the last 3 matches he leaded Italy to be the world champion being the top scorer with 6 goals achieved in those matches.

P... At that world cup (Spain 82) me and a lot of friends used to get together to see each match, and also have dinner together (just after the game), and the menu used to be a typical food of the country who was playing against Brazil... :P

Nobody ate that pasta... :(

wow, can't believe you remember paolo rossi.. he was definitely one of my favs.. i lived then in italy and he was everywhere.. :cool2:

btw. i watched the italia v. ghana match today and i'll tell you now that USA may not win even one game.. ghana looked surprisingly strong.. they are fast and they were really trying hard to get one behind italy's goalie.. italy, even though they didn't look super are very superb in ball handling and control.. they love the little quick plays just as one would think that they look lathargic.. and are next for USA.. a draw would be lucky.. ;):D

wow, can't believe you remember paolo rossi.. he was definitely one of my favs.. i lived then in italy and he was everywhere.. :cool2:

btw. i watched the italia v. ghana match today and i'll tell you now that USA may not win even one game.. ghana looked surprisingly strong.. they are fast and they were really trying hard to get one behind italy's goalie.. italy, even though they didn't look super are very superb in ball handling and control.. they love the little quick plays just as one would think that they look lathargic.. and are next for USA.. a draw would be lucky.. ;):D

I couldn't forget him after that... he was responsible for a sad sad 1982... hehehehe

I wouldn't say that US won't win a game at all... things can change... here in Brazil there's one of those fool sentences that says something like "every match is a new match"...

;)

Of course, maybe the group US is in, with Czechs, Italy, and Ghana, is not the easiest one.

I can't wait, here the game will be at 4 PM and I'll (and everybody) stop working at 3 PM.

Croatia is a good team, brazil must take care and play seriously.

Anyway, favourites just matter out of the stadium. When the ball begins to roll, who is playing best win... well, sometimes ;)

But I hope that whathever the final score, both Brazil and Croatia will do a good match.

i agree and even though CRO are brothers in blood I'll most definitely will be cheering Brazil on.. love the style of play.. imho, it's the most successfull and pure joy to watch.. will be glued to the TV as soon as i return from the dentist.. P...

missed the game for the most part.. i cought the last 5 min. :( Brazil did win 1-0 though..

today, Spain beat up on Ukraine 4-0.

The game was hard, maybe a bit nervous. Croatia lost some chances too.

Ronaldinho had some difficulty to escape from the Croatia defensors.

Ronaldo is kinda fat, didn't play much. :huh:

Dude, I like Croatia's shirt. And that special effect... when the camera showed their people on the stadium, dressed with that shirt... :huh:

I almost thought my TV had some trouble, looks like chess, kind of an issue in digital transmission, :P everyone in red and white.... :D Very beautiful!

well, US looked terrible against Ghana who send the team packing back to US.. sad looking final game.. 2-1 was the score.

Italy's second goal against the Czechs, who area also out, was a beautiful burn.

let the real competition begin now in elimination rounds.

I bet Croacia would be classified for the next round.

Croatia is out.

I bet Czech for the next round too.

It's out too.

I bet US would beat Ghana.

US is out.

:hide:

fat boy ronaldo equalizes it just before the half.

Fat but not dead. :P

He also did the 4th goal. Brazil 4x1 Japan.

Now he equalizes german Gerd Müller as the top scorer on all fifa world cups, they have 14 goals each.