EGR Pipe Removal

Hey guys and Pezz.

I have found a set of Stainless Steel extractors for a vg33. The thing is that they dont have a hole for the EGR pipe.(i think that it is the egr pipe it runs from the header to the inlet manifold)

I was wondering if anyone knew what will happen if i just blocked the EGR hole in the Manifold.

Cheers,

Mattie

Edited by OzMattie

• 6 years later...

Legal .smeagal it's all a state of mind if it works do it.I lived in california for years donated two cars because they could not pass smog.But here in midwest I swear i have seen people pouring smoke out of their tailpipes right in front of police and nothing comes of it.

No, it's not good for the engine in any way. It causes carbon deposits from the exhaust to build up inside your intake manifold. Not good. I was surprised to find out that VG motors actually work better without it plugged in. The only thing the EGR valve is good for is emissions control.

It helps with emissions but it can and has killed engines before (Not any pathfinders that I know of). This was a major problem with the early gu patrols.

I know EGR valves kill certain model Nissans for sure. I think it's the 4 banger Sentras and Altimas. What happens is the primary catalytic converter starts falling apart and since the EGR valve tube is placed after the converter, the pieces of the catalyst that fall off get sucked through the EGR port right back into the intake. Those pieces end up in the combustion chamber where the pistons and valves get crunched.

my 90 v6 ran for 8 years with the egr capped its still running

:lol:

How about someone from outside the US tell us if they have them or not. Just curious because some places don't have any kind of emissions like the US has.

We don't have emissions test like you guys in Australia. To register a vehicle all we need is a safety certificate and sometimes a "MOD PLATE" If certain modifications have been done. But I would rather keep my egr for now even if i have to clean it because of petrol prices. I will however block it off in the future.

Having one or not having one will not make a difference in fuel economy. ;)

That's what some people on here say anyway. At least from my testing, it has not made a difference.