IFS W/ 35's

SteeevO

I think you're forgetting something.... Trailmaster lift. Anyone can fit 35's without a problem if you stack lifts.

Oh Steve, how are you going about converting to 4wd? Are you going the stock route or SAS?

Edited by Cuong Nguyen

i diddn't realize that the trailmaster lift lowered the front diff and all therefore enabling you to stack it with another lift.. i thought all the lifts for the pathys were ucas and torsion bars..untill i saw this

yeah i'm going stock...

i need to bolt up the fron't diff still but it's hard to do with ur leg in a cast..sux

Edited by SteeevO

Looks like a nice Pathy, and he spared no expense. Still, you can't help but wonder.... how many minutes would the front end last on a medium to tough 4wd track? I'd guess 5.

Is anyone else thinking that a sas would have been around the same price and a little more pertinent? Anyone??

Maybe vsicks, but then again the trailmaster and uca/jgc spring combo is mostly bolt on whereas an SAS requires quite a bit of engineering savvy, understanding of suspension geometries, and welding knowledge something that many of us sadly don't have. :(

i still don't get what kind of suspention upgrades (lift) he has.

He stacked lifts ;)

Suspension Modifications:

Front: 6.5” lift using AC’s 4” lift kit with AC’s chromolly upper control arms

Trailmaster 4in lift kit (diff drop) This kit is available through AC, that might explain why he called it "AC's 4in lift kit"

Aftermarket UCA with Torsion Bars cranked 2.5in (Torsion bars were also replaced with aftermarket units)

Rear: 6.0” lift using AC’s 4” lift kit with 3” coil lift

4in rear coils spacers included with Trailmaster lift kit + replacement 3in lift coils. Perhaps it gave 6in once everything settled. Or are the Trailmaster spacers 3in? As many lifts provide leveling (aka an average of 1in less lift in the rear)

Lots of people have put 35's on a Pathy with 6-9" of lift. It sucks the everloving life out of the engine and it wrecks steering parts faster than you can whip out your wallet, but it's been done. I've even seen one on 38's, with 4+3+3 lifts and severely trimmed fenders.

It sucks the everloving life out of the engine and it wrecks steering parts faster than you can whip out your wallet, but it's been done.

A donk with power will handle the 35's no problem. In fact, 35's will actually put a Pathy in the standard range on fuel consumption. But his front end....... I agree with you 88. Money wasted if you plan to go off road.

Edited by Vsicks Pathy

:aok:

SWEET A$$ RIDE! I haven't meant the guy yet, but he lives a few miles away from me. Des Moines Off Road did the work for him. He had his Pathy in a few days after I had mine in there for some bushing work. I'll have to get in touch with him to find out what all he's done. One of the guys working on the Pathy mentioned that he is out in Colorado almost every year off roading in the mountains. Any of you guys/gals out in the area, keep your eyes open for him. I'll try to get more info for all interested. :beer:

to be honest with you all, i think that looks ridiculous. it looks unproportional, and yes i wonder how much fender rub he gets, not to mention, zero power pulling those tires.

Overkill to me on an IFS. In my eyes, a SAS would have been the better way to go. Especially if you say he got all of the work done at some shop. Oh well, again, to each his own, just my 2 cents.

to be honest with you all, i think that looks ridiculous. it looks unproportional, and yes i wonder how much fender rub he gets, not to mention, zero power pulling those tires.

Overkill to me on an IFS. In my eyes, a SAS would have been the better way to go. Especially if you say he got all of the work done at some shop. Oh well, again, to each his own, just my 2 cents.

I only said it looked good to be nice. Whenever I bag something the world falls in for some reason?

I think it looks a bit unproportional too. 35's are cool, but not on a pathy, 33's are the biggest I would want to go, strictly from a looks standpoint. I bet those AC uca's snap if he sneezes too hard in that rig from what I've heard about the quality + having to deal with 35's!

I only said it looked good to be nice. Whenever I bag something the world falls in for some reason?

probably cuzz more than half the stuff u say is bagging someone, when was the last time sammyb33 bagged someone

and to be honest, i think it looks cool as hell, its nice and clean, to bad i cant say the same for my truck, lol