Ultimate project Begins!

Pathfinder-jay

• Replies 136
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Alright new pics are up and movie. Everything is moving along very well. The whole floor board for driver and passenger side is being replaced.... found the whole peice brand new very cheap :) so Im going to have a new floor which im coating with ZRC then debating on which black coat to use. Going to research the best paints tonight.

Here are the pics

APRIL 24th pics

Heres the movie:

Movie 2

Ill keep you guys posted

Jay

No offence. Your chassis is shot to the sh!thouse and the boby has about 1oz of steel left, the rest of it has been eaten away.

My chassis actually has almost no rust on it. Most of what you see is grease that was applied for the winter months... I Have no holes and no bad rust sports on the whole thing.

Thanks

Jay

On, what about in?

Do you mean rusting from the inside out? cause if you do its already been inspected. I would have not done this project if my frame was in bad condition. This is the first thing I got checked. And even in the pathy second series the first couple of models untill 94 did not have problems with rusty frames. My friend with a 94 has a mint body but rust holes in his frame....

Anyhow im not 100% sure its all of them buy i remember readin a post about it on these forums I beleive.

:wacko:

More power to ya bro. keep it up. I noticed in your pics that you can get to the fuel pump from the floor board. is a 95 pathy set up the same way? anybody know? Thanks

I believe so. I know the fuel pump is in the tank but don't exactly where to access it through. Lift your carpet and it should be obvious.

Ya I had to remove the insolation that sound proofs the trunk to fix the peice around. Im going to replace with ZRC and some gravel guard... It will completely seal it. Then im going to use stainless steal self tapping screws to put my new gas plate for the trunk and silicone it so if I have to access its easy.

Parts guy (claimed to be a former service tech but changed after a back injury) at a dealer told me once that not all Pathys had the access in the back.. some you have to drop the tank to get the the pump. All that I have noticed in wrecking yards have had the access, as does mine. Has anyone seen one that did not?

Edited by RedPath88

Alright guys now im going to be installing my light bar.

I have some questions too about audio. How would I go about installing 6x9 in my trunk if in there theres like little amps/subs. Pretty sure they are stock ones but they are in little seperate compartments on the side of my windows that blend into the frame... Just not sure how that works cause the 92 pathy I have doesnt have the that speakers are directley place into the side but mine has some sort of casing....

Anyhow let me know

Jay

I've got to hand it to ya, you're persistent. Nice job with your site. ;)

From the looks of your pix you have the speaker boxes in the back cargo above the wheels. Under the mesh cover there seems to be enough room to put 6x9s in the place of the back stock speaks if you trimmed out some of the plastic and made room for 6xs. That's what I was going to try.

When doing the lighting for my roof whould my wire harness have a fuse on it? or is it good with out it? B)

Thanks Jay

I think what Luker was trying to say, in his wierd Luker way was...Every time you wire anything it needs a fuse. And every time you wire something that is switched, you should use a relay.

no no some wire harness for lights come with a built in fuse on the wire itself.... I know it needs to go to a relay, but my questions was does it need a fuse on the wire harness or can it just go to the fuse box?

Unless your wiring them into a spare spot on the fuse box (not sure if our FB's have them) I'd say you'll need to find an alternate way to place a fuse on your lines.

I'd suggest getting an extra fuse block, makes it easy to run one thick wire to the block, and then have 6 or so fused lines going out for whatever you want to hook them up too.

Heres a shot of the one I have in my glove box -- not the best place but you should get a idea off of it. Got the fuse plate for $10 or so at a local parts house.

glovedetail.jpg

EDIT: MZ beats me to it again ;)

Edited by Harbinger