Nissan enthusiast

jdmark

hey everyone, im just getting into offroading its pretty cool. I love nissans, my other car is a 240SX that Ive put heaps of money into. Its getting a little too un-road worthy (track car) so i purchased a 92 pathfinder SE auto as a daily driver and im lovin it! starting to catch the offroad bug as well. Heres some crappy cell phone pics

74031393_231625076_0.jpg

only mods so far are 31'' BFG all terrains and a 240sx steering wheel :P

74153433_232028317_0.jpg

and for @!*%s and giggles, heres my 240 at a northwestnissans.com meet just yesterday

r23f.jpg

KA24E-turbo

logo.jpg

future plans to the pathy include a body lift and to fix the damn header studs

-mark

WAVEY hello and welcome! nice rides!! hope you'll become part of the family here and let us know what good things (and bad sly ) you get up to in your nissans! :beer:

Welcome!

You know what would make that 240 a lot cooler, well it starts with an S and ends with a 0. :laugh:

Anyway's good looking pathy and 240! I'v been dreaming about getting a 240 for a long time but my bank account has other ideas on the subject...

haha could it be an...SR20??

My current engine compared to an SR20 is more displacement and a bigger turbo (im using a T3 from an old 300zx) at more boost. It also cost less along with being more powerful.

The ka-turbo vs SR20 thing has been argued about since the dawn of time. both are good engines, but having an SR20 in a 240 isnt even a novelty anymore since its such a popular swap.

thanks for the warm welcome btw. i promise i wont ask noob questions im very familiar with forums and using the search button. you guys have awesome smilies that ive never seen before, they are awesome.

such as :allclean: :Magic: :hide: and :secret: lol

haha could it be an...SR20??

My current engine compared to an SR20 is more displacement and a bigger turbo (im using a T3 from an old 300zx) at more boost. It also cost less along with being more powerful.

The ka-turbo vs SR20 thing has been argued about since the dawn of time. both are good engines, but having an SR20 in a 240 isnt even a novelty anymore since its such a popular swap.

thanks for the warm welcome btw. i promise i wont ask noob questions im very familiar with forums and using the search button. you guys have awesome smilies that ive never seen before, they are awesome.

such as :allclean: :Magic: :hide: and :secret: lol

Welcome! Nice rides (esp. the Pathy!)

How much boost are you running in the KA?

10psi, im getting it dyno tuned in the next couple weeks and we'll see how much it puts down to the wheels, but should be mid-200whp. thats alot for a 2500 pound car!

10psi, im getting it dyno tuned in the next couple weeks and we'll see how much it puts down to the wheels, but should be mid-200whp. thats alot for a 2500 pound car!

It is...but the KA block can withold more than that on stock internals can't it? Are you still stock in there?

Edited by navygz19

yes but there are other things limiting how much boost i can run, such as my mass air flow sensor (its about maxed out) and it has 180k miles on the engine and yea internals are untouched. trust me, 10 psi is enough!