ARGGGG F'ng noises

Guest Looserforyou

Guest Looserforyou

I :help: need help: All begin above 7-9 months I change my timing belt on my 1992 Pathfinder

I'm hearing a noise like a rubbing.The sound is almost when I'm on park. I go to Nissan and tell them the problem, they don't know and tells me the sound come from the front ot my motor. They tell me they have to open te motor life if they change the timing belt to see where is the problem. They talk to me about belts or bearing but cannot guarantee it. So what should I do :shrug: ? If They begin to play here it will cost me a lot like 200$ and up just in time to find the problem :oops:

If you changed the t-belt yourself previously, and you don't want to pay the dealership to look at it, I think your only option is to take it back apart yourself and see what you did wrong in the first place.

Also, please don't put cusswords in the title of a thread, we're trying to keep it clean. :) I edited it a bit for you.

Guest Looserforyou

NO It was the dealership who change the timing belt, but the other dealership is not sure it the noise come from belts or bearings. That's why He want to open my motor. :unsure:

All begin above 7-9 months I change my timing belt on my 1992 Pathfinder

You said it, not me. Sorry to have made that mistake.

...I don't know what else to tell you. It's entirely possible that something else other than timing belt parts could have died and started making the noises you're hearing....therefore, the dealer may NOT be at fault, and they would be correct in wanting to charge you for finding out what's wrong with it at this time.

It may very well be the idler pulley for your water pump/AC belt. Are you able to take it apart yourself to test and see what you can find out? If you take the belts off and run the engine for a short while, that would tell you whether the noise is coming from under the timing cover or from one of the outer belt-driven accessories. Try that if you can.

Hey, Timing belt "moaning" is normal of a newer belt. I have the same thing also and I just installed my belt a few mnths ago also. My buddy whos a certified Nissan Tech said it will go away eventually and thats its common of new timing belts. I dont know if this is exactly what your talking about just thought id throw it in there.

If i hear moaning on a vehicle after i have just installed a timing belt it usually suggests that it is two tight.

It may go away yes, or it can cause premature wear of the belt and the pulleys

jason

• 2 weeks later...
Guest WhiteNismoPathfinder95

folding rear seats, air matress, dim dome lights........what else do we need

HAH and i thought this thread was about timing belts!

Yup, in Auburn, WA (about 25 miles south of Seattle). Its the only one around and is actually PACKED all summer long. Huge lines to get in, but nice and cheap. Toss in some blankets and a cooler, and you're good to go.

• 8 years later...

I would enjoy a disco ball in the back of my Pathy. I feel like it would really add to the ambiance. ;)

folding rear seats, air matress, dim dome lights........what else do we need

HAH and i thought this thread was about timing belts!