MY F*&%^kin Truck

lowrider

Well, well, well........transistor's fine.

Coil's fine.

Fuel's Fine.

Hey, wait a minute...the distributor doesn't turn.....

Timing belt is not fine..... :sniff:

Coil's fine.

Fuel's Fine.

Pistons?

Valves?

:X

How many miles did you have on that belt?

Coil's fine.

Fuel's Fine.

:o

:(

Coil's fine.

Fuel's Fine.

Oh man.......The one saving grace here, if I understand the story correctly, is that it didn't happen when she was running, so if you've only tried to start it a few times without the belt in place, the valves/pistons may be okay.......you may be one of the lucky one's Lowrider.......

Still, sorry to hear that. :(

It was idling when it happened. I cranked it somewhere in the neighborhood of 200 more times trying to find the other issues. There are definitely bent valves, you can hear/feel them.

I may try and slap on a new belt tonight and start it and see if it runs or not. But i doubt it will.

No idea how many km's were on that belt, i checked it in sept. and noticed it had (my own ballpark) another 20k left in it. But wheeling, etc, getting all kinds of crap in there, not surprising it went earlier.

Now i have to decide what to do. I was planning on selling the truck in late april to buy my roomates Montero. However, i can't get much for it with a blown t belt and the laundry list of other things that need attention. So, suck it up and fix it? Or send it to pick n pull?

It was always "i'm going to do the belt and water pump after i do..." since sept. Everybody, this weekend, pull the upper timing cover off and check your belts, and remind me never to buy anything with an interference head design ever again.

Fix it.......you'll get sweet f*ck all for it if you scrap it. There should be lots of old Pathys available with blown trannies to pick motors out of.

Pulling the heads and replacing a few valves is actually pretty cheap if you can do it yourself and it doesn't need any extra work besides that. The fact that it was running at idle and not at highway speed is a saving grace. Somewhat. That's what I'd do, at least.

And port the heads....and the intake...and look at reground or new cams...etc

valves are cheap and I have a pair of cams that only have 80k miles on them. Actually, I may have kept my valves too (but new ones are under 10- bucks)

yes. don't lose faith. i have spare heads as well (i want K9's..hehehe) I also have a t-belt with 3,000 miles on it if you want it "just to try it out"............

Thanks slick, but i think the shipping charges to calgary would kill me.

Looks like possibly an old school DSM-style head job on a budget

sssh we could do a K9 and ship in pieces......... sly

I haven't priced shipping for my heads yet. Damn things are just a little too tall for the $8 flat-rate box so they'll have to go UPS or something. Any idea what the weight is? I can run an estimate.

I haven't priced shipping for my heads yet. Damn things are just a little too tall for the $8 flat-rate box so they'll have to go UPS or something. Any idea what the weight is? I can run an estimate.

i'd say about 20lbs each?

Belt? that really sucks :(

But as others said, the sots may not be as bad as you might think... pull them check and see what the damage is and go from there. get replacement valves and look into a bit of head work while they are off... no better time to do it :aok:

Good Luck, keep us up to date :)

ok... estimating the box size and 20 pounds... it'd take 20-25 bucks each to ship from here to San Diego (cause I had the zip code there)

sssh hmm.. that's not bad.. now how about to 95337? hehehe also.. maybe try 15lbs... i think i over guesstimated the weight.....