Calmini SAS avaliable!

SteeevO

CALMINI SAS PAGE

also just got a e-mail back fron them

Steven-

We can certainly agree with the issue of running leafs up front as opposed to coils.  We plan to eventually offer the kit in three different configurations, the leaf spring, coil spring, and coil-over setup.  The leaf kit will be the cheaper alternative to running coils and then the coil kit will be the cheaper alternative to running the coil-over kit (similar to the Xterra version).  We want to make an SAS conversion easily adaptable to each customers liking.  This is why the early spring kit will allow for the end user to decide on spring height and subsequently, shock length as each person has a different idea on what height they would like the vehicle to be.  The standard coil spring kit will likely be a full front and rear setup around 6” of height with the possibility of longer coils being an option.  Our main objective and also the largest hurdle is to offer a kit that can easily be installed without heavy modifications or fabrication needed and to make it appeal to the Nissan community as a whole.  By that I mean it is an extremely functional kit that will effectively allow for a much larger tire 35” + to be run on these vehicles, yet still work well for the weekend warrior who still wants street-ability.  Thank you very much for the links to the Pathfinder buildup.  Please let me know if you have any other questions.

Best Regards

David Kampa

Sales Department

CALMINI Products Inc.

Ph: 800-345-3305

sales@calmini.com

Haha, thats so weird I checked Calmini not even 4 days ago and it had no update for the SAS. I agree with Filthy, I remember how long it took for the X kit to come out from when the rumors started floating around. Well at least it means we are slowly but surely getting there.

and the latest from calmini

To:calmini

do u have an estimate time on when either of the coil setups will be

avaliable or atleast u guys having a prototype?  when u do, please post pics

of the prototype just like u guys did with the first SAS setup.

Reply:

Steven-

Thank you very much for your interest in the CALMINI SAS parts. Because of the close similarities between the D21 and the later model D22, adapting the current radius arm kit will be an easier task.  We are currently working on project for Moab '06 and will likely have a working kit later this Spring.

Rocker skids, interior sport cage, skidplates, and front and rear bumpers are all in the works.  Thank you for the suggestions.  We look forward to working with you on your future projects.

Edited by SteeevO

Steven-

Thank you very much for your interest in our overpriced CALMINI SAS parts. Because of the close similarities between the D21 and the later model D22, adapting the current radius arm kit will be an easier task.  We are currently working on project for Moab 2028 and will likely have a working kit later in this millenium.

Rocker skids, interior sport cage, skidplates, and front and rear bumpers are all in the works but we'll probably be just teasing you with pics for next three years like we have been doing for a while with the D21 cage.  Thank you for the suggestions, they are duly noted.  We look forward to working with you on your future projects, so you better buy another Pathfinder and put it in storage so it doesn't rust away by the time we get our act together.

There.. fixed it for ya.

I may have to buy a second pathfinder. I can't let the current lift and steering upgrade go to waste.

I LIKEY!

There is no waste.. when you SAS you simply sell of said upgrade parts to us unfortunate souls who cannot SAS ;)

By the tones I have noticed, Calmini is on the edge of not being around. I don't know what you guys think, but the prices on the sas stuff they do have seem really reasonable. Maybe :rolleyes: we have seen a good trend at a company who supports our junk.

Wouldn't that be nice...... :beer:

Edited by AK9849cy

By the tones I have noticed, Calmini is on the edge of not being around. I don't know what you guys think, but the prices on the sas stuff they do have seem really reasonable. Maybe :rolleyes: we have seen a good trend at a company who supports our junk.

Wouldn't that be nice...... :beer:

True, for once the price on the parts isn't outragously over norm for the type of parts they are. However they are Calmini manufactured, so I don't know if I'd trust their reliability.

i haven't heard of anything breaking from them i just keep hearing that some people don't like them.. for whatever reason... is there really something wrong with thier products?... and Greg... have u broken anything from calmini?

maybe they take a long time to bring products out but i think they put out excellent products.

Edited by SteeevO

so that yota setup is like 500 bucks cheaper the xtera sas kit from calmini right?

maybe the full pathy set up will be cheaper than that :unsure:

You can't compare the two because one is coilover based the other is leafs.. but you can see just how much stuff the MC kit comes with. It's not just a few crossbraces.

As to Calmini.

I know of many people completely dissatisfied with their service and quality. In their steering system, the idler arm bearings die after half a season. They keep powdercoating stuff that they shouldn't. I personally know of two people that nearly had balljoints nearly come off their UCAs because of that. Their bushings ALWAYS squeak... One of my friends called them up before ordering their UCAs to check on the squeak problem and they gave him a personal guarantee that they have a new improved model of bushings so he doesn't have to drill and tap for zerks. Within a month of installing their crap he had the problem occur on truck. He called them back and he was told off... How dare question them :angry:

The D21 cage has been pimped out by them in magazines and their site for more than a year, and I know somebody that has been asking them about it (he's ready to buy!) since he saw it yet they don't answer his calls/questions. Just look how long it took the WD22 SAS kit out there and to ship out to customers. The WD21 kit has been in the works for ages as well.

I have written a few emails to them asking questions about their products, and I never even once got a reply. Every time I called them in person they give vague and condescending answers. :confused: All I wanted to know if the idler arm bearings are the same for their WD21 and WD22 kits. They didn't have to treat me like garbage.

Their shipping schedule is ridiculous, I've heard of people not getting their stuff after being charged for months. My 4x4 shop now jokes that if you're planning to order something from Calmini, you may as well do it 6 months ahead of when you plan on using it.

Oh and there is this:

http://www.pirate4x4.com/forum/showthread.php?t=365936

I have somewhere at home the mp3 of a phone conversation between Steve Kramer of Calmini and the person from Pirate, I should upload it tomorrow.

You can't compare the two because one is coilover based the other is leafs.. but you can see just how much stuff the MC kit comes with. It's not just a few crossbraces.

As to Calmini.

I know of many people completely dissatisfied with their service and quality. In their steering system, the idler arm bearings die after half a season. They keep powdercoating stuff that they shouldn't. I personally know of two people that nearly had balljoints nearly come off their UCAs because of that. Their bushings ALWAYS squeak... One of my friends called them up before ordering their UCAs to check on the squeak problem and they gave him a personal guarantee that they have a new improved model of bushings so he doesn't have to drill and tap for zerks. Within a month of installing their crap he had the problem occur on truck. He called them back and he was told off... How dare question them :angry:

The D21 cage has been pimped out by them in magazines and their site for more than a year, and I know somebody that has been asking them about it (he's ready to buy!) since he saw it yet they don't answer his calls/questions. Just look how long it took the WD22 SAS kit out there and to ship out to customers. The WD21 kit has been in the works for ages as well.

I have written a few emails to them asking questions about their products, and I never even once got a reply. Every time I called them in person they give vague and condescending answers. :confused: All I wanted to know if the idler arm bearings are the same for their WD21 and WD22 kits. They didn't have to treat me like garbage.

Their shipping schedule is ridiculous, I've heard of people not getting their stuff after being charged for months. My 4x4 shop now jokes that if you're planning to order something from Calmini, you may as well do it 6 months ahead of when you plan on using it.

Oh and there is this:

http://www.pirate4x4.com/forum/showthread.php?t=365936

I have somewhere at home the mp3 of a phone conversation between Steve Kramer of Calmini and the person from Pirate, I should upload it tomorrow.

oh, well.. i really don't know anything about calmini because i've never ordered anything from them.

alot of the toyotas in havoc are running stuff from MC and they have not seen alot of problems from their items (steering, interior cage, etc) so it seems to be a good way to go if you have a yota p/u.

Another note on calmini, theres a guy in havoc also that has a badass little samurai with everything you can think of and he got alot of his stuff from calmini (t-case gears, birfield cups, gears, and the heavy duty front and rear axle shafts) and never once had a problem with their shipping and whatnot. Maybe its just the nissan part. :mellow:

I have a Calmini steering system laying in the corner of the garage. It did the job for a couple seasons and yes it wasn't perfect and no you can't have it. However it is a patch for a crappy system to begin with (As in the whole Nissan front end, my A/C control arms squeaked the whole time I used them.). For the most part the rest of their products have treated people well.

What I feel most were a little discouraged with was the attitude of the customer service. With the recent posts I have read, it looks like they are asking what folks really want.... hmm, that sounds like a change from what we all heard about in the past. I'm keeping my fingers crossed XXX XXX

The crawler gears are awesome!!! It is just amazing the difference they made with my rig....

Edited by AK9849cy

I've heard that conversation and you don't know what happened before that. The guy who tapes the conversion just happened to have a tape recorder handy? He probably harrassed the guy on the other end and when he decides to record it he makes himself sound like he is a perfect angel.

Reminds me of Michael Moore. All that guy wants to sound intelligent but really wants to put other people down to make himself feel better.