Accident

deej

Hi everyone, I just thought I'ld let everyone know where I've been for the last few days.

On Sunday night we were 10 min in to a 2.5 hr drive back home and hit some black ice and slammed the Pathy into the highway ditch incline on the opposite side. My wife and 1 yr old son are fine and I thank the Big Guy upstairs for that. My wife was driving and she handled the situation like a pro. I'm in pain and have been through 2 sets of x-rays and am waiting for word on what they found and what the next step is, just a little anxious :blink:

Anyway, here's a pic of the damage which insurance says is about $6000 and they are fixing it -bounce- We weren't really in the mood to be shopping around.

For fellow R50 owners- It is my personal opinion that these are an extremely SAFE vehicles to be in in an accident.

Here's a pic of the damage from a collision at highway speeds with an embankment.....my son never even cried!

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v156/dee...ay/IMG_0081.jpg

Glad to hear that you and your family are ok... hope youre 100% again soon...

I guess now that strange dent you posted a few weeks ago isnt so bad? :)

I guess now that strange dent you posted a few weeks ago isnt so bad? :)

:D Yep, it's getting fixed :bow:

The first thing my wife said was "If it's written off, we're getting another one".....smart girl ;)

Glad everyones OK, doesn't look to bad in the pic. Any mechanical damage, or just a wavy driver's side body?

So far insurance says just panels and the slider, I'm glad that hasn't been swapped out yet. It's bent and I think it made a huge difference in the amount of damage. I got insurance to mark down a frame alignment check at the body shop and they are doing a 4 wheel alignment as well. Other than that it's skins for the panels all the way along the drivers side (which I'm not to thrilled with but that's what they do now pssd ) and DS fender flares, window and mirror unless the body shop finds more accident related damage, we'll see......

:bow: glad everyone is ok. that is the most important part. tell your wifey "you go girl!" for handling the accident so well while driving.

I hope it is nothing serious with your health, and i hope you feel better soon deej. :aok:

Hey bud, glad everyone is ok! Lucky your wife was driving and not you :P i kid i kid. Hope you get better soon and I send my love to your pathy!

They are a tough truck... I slid into a ditch in a Quebec winter storm...Lucky my gf and I had our seatbelts on...was quite the spinner. Hit some nasty Ice and slammed in to some nice fluffy snow thank god... no damage done...I was just a little stuck hehe...nothing some ropes and hooks cant fix

Anyhow I rambled on again! Get better and get driving..

Jason

Sounds like every one and everything will recover soon. Glad to hear it, man. Once you start feeling better, you should treat your wife to a nice dinner for getting you and the Pathy out of that situation with only minimal damage. :aok:

One time my friend laid his '95 on it's side when he slid broadside into a curb. The tow truck flipped it back on it's wheels and he drove it home. These are some tough little trucks.

Indeed good crash info just sucks you had to give it!!

I know that days after the accident is always the worst..I might even be the Charlie Brown of accidents!!! Pain and the damage to the vehicle goes away...I am more than happy that you are going to be ok!!!

I don't mean to question but...(i will anyway) can you get a 4-wheel alignment for our year path?? I thought that there was no adjustment in the rear?

I don't mean to question but...(i will anyway) can you get a 4-wheel alignment for our year path?? I thought that there was no adjustment in the rear?

Thanks everyone for all the well wishes, it means alot to us.

I haven't heard yet on those x-rays so I figure if it was bad they would have let me know by now :confused:

As far as the 4 wheel alignment, that's a good question.....all I know is it's included in the repair and "no" there is no such thing as a 4 wheel alignment in my Pathfinder to my knowledge......they can't adjust camber/caster either, only toe-in so that just helps when/if it comes to any arguement to fix it if they find any more damage and want to write it off, I can question the appraiser's knowledge :contract:

• 3 weeks later...

I finally got my Pathy back :bow:

It looks pretty good and nothing like a hour long trip to make me realize how much I really missed it! There's still a couple little things like a clip for the corner marker and the real heated driverside mirror, they got a jobber on there till the real one comes in.

I even got to tug an old guy with a cane in a CRV out of a snowbank on my way home, that was kinda fun. :aok: