Forum updates

88pathoffroad

I updated the custom profile fields in the "My Controls" panel to reflect mechanical skills possessed by anyone. It will be a required field to select when registering on the forum from now on. I'd like to ask everyone to go to your "My Controls" page, click on "Edit Profile Info" and select your own mechanical skill level from the five choices I've entered (1 being least skilled and 5 being most skilled):

1. Screwdriver Mechanic

2. Wrench And Socket Set Mechanic

3. Standalone Tool Chest Mechanic

4. Skilled/Experienced Semi-Pro Mechanic

5. I Own A Shop Or Work As A Professional Mechanic

I've also edited the "What Do You Drive" and "What Do You Consider Yourself" choices, so be sure to check that for exact vehicle choice and off-road orientation. :)

Done.

But what is with the R50 and R51 stuff? R51 03-06? :shrug:

Typo?

good question... ??

what about a "where do I put the headlight fluid" mechanic

Pezzy: That's the "Screwdriver Mechanic"...anyone can pick up a screwdriver and undo screws, right? Well, anyway. ;)

I'm pretty sure there are those who cant. But chances are they wouldnt be here... *looks around*

Oops, my bad. I was thinking of the new V8 platform, wasn't it R51? I forget. Nevermind.

Pezzy: That's the "Screwdriver Mechanic"...anyone can pick up a screwdriver and undo screws, right?  Well, anyway.  ;)

V8? When? drool

Wrong. My dad backed his Volvo turbo out the garage with the drivers door open. :blink:

He could not use a screwdriver if his life depended on it. My mom did all that kind of stuff.

Done...

:rolleyes: Is there an option for "bangs knuckles and cusses" or something equivalent?
Yeah, would probably describe many of us :lol:

I don't have a Standalone Tool Chest but I got enough tools spread all over the place, does that count?? :unsure:
I'm to cheap to buy a stand alone, or at least to cheap the pay what they want for a decent one :blink: However, it's been a LONG time since I priced them, maybe I should again -thnkboutit-

But I do have multiple tool box's often stacked on top of each other... I wonder if that counts as a tool chest? :D

Then there are the various tools hanging from walls and on shelves :shrug:

Edited by RedPath88