Light switches?

Pathfinder-jay

Check out: www.12voltguy.com and 4x4mods.com

One note however with LED lighted switches. I've seen some that are so bright that they're almost blinding, they illuminate the interior too much at night and cause serious glare on the windows making it hard to see outside. Something you may want to consider.

Now if you are serious and really wanna go all out, check out this place:

Carling Switches

Those are the very same switches that ARB includes with their compressors and lockers. sly

Edited by Filthy Luker

One note however with LED lighted switches. I've seen some that are so bright that they're almost blinding, they illuminate the interior too much at night and cause serious glare on the windows making it hard to see outside. Something you may want to consider.

so tru!! personally, i like the stock switches. they are just lit enough and they match everything.. B) orange and red are the best since they don't really effect your "night vision"

just my .02 ...what exactly are you driving here? a pathy or an f-16? seriously, just get some nice sleek rockers or toggles minus the cheezy flip cover. your not gonna accidently release a hoard of hellfire missles if you bump the switch reaching for the AC

this is not "honda tech"

I Want to create a custom toolbox for when I get my lights installed... going to put it where my ashtray is...Anyone think these would look sweet??

Those would look pretty sweet I'd think -- Might be a tad bright IMHO though.

Would you use that panel though? Cause unless the dash/ash tray changed from 87 to 91 it won't fit. The blank I cut for my replacement panel measured roughly 2"x6".

Check out: www.12voltguy.com

I really like some of that guys stuff! Especially the combination switch/fuse panels.

Edited by Harbinger

meh. they will be BRIGHT! I have my gain control for my amp in my ash tray, and when you open the ash tray just a crack it gets really annoying at night(single blue LED) I did mount it "under" the dash before,(to the right of the steering wheel). It was nice there, but the light would reflect right off the all the front windows, even the sunroof. Not to mention the fact that just the light alone was distracting. so it was a HUGE PITA at night! I had to put tape over the light untill I moved it.

Soo... If you do pick them up, they HAVE to be mounted in the ash tray or glove box, under seat or somthing. ANYTHING other that on the dash.

Edited by 89_trailboss

im 17 and those lights dont really bother me. i happen to like the look of the flip switch thing where u flip up the red cover then flip the switch. its just somethin u dont see everyday so i was like ima gonna be unique

Just a thought, but if its very bright and blue and very visible from outside, you do run the risk of getting pulled over. I know, it sounds retarded, but I've talked to people who have been stopped for various colored LED and neon interior toys.

its just somethin u dont see everyday so i was like ima gonna be unique

You sure? I've been seeing similar flip-cover style switches in walmart and parts houses for the past couple of years. Only diffrence is this is the first I've seen with a blue led-- most are red, green or orange.

You sure? I've been seeing similar flip-cover style switches in walmart and parts houses for the past couple of years.  Only diffrence is this is the first I've seen with a blue led-- most are red, green or orange.

you see that grimgreg???!!! one for each truck.. :D

you see that grimgreg???!!! one for each truck.. :D

:laugh:

I just want to swap out the super cheap set I have in my 88. I bought a set of 4 rockers (blue, green, red, and orange) with a plate that holds all 4 for $5. They are functional, but not exactly what I want. (hell I still need to find a place to mount my PIAA switch :wacko: )

im 17 and those lights dont really bother me. i happen to like the look of the flip switch thing where u flip up the red cover then flip the switch. its just somethin u dont see everyday so i was like ima gonna be unique

go look at any rice bucket and youll find them. sorry but if your going for unique...your up a certain creek. iv seen them made every possible way to play to the rice crowd

and regardless of your age...led's are bright. when i have my alarm in valet mode and the single lil blue led is constantly lit...its a bother and its not even in immediate sight. you put 3 of those in your line of sight..your gonna about go batty. its not subjective like volume or something...things that put strain on the eyes do so across the entire range of age.

believe me...iv been in the import scene for 5x longer than youve been driving. nothing about any of it is origional...and flip cover switches are not original. the only use i see for them is a PLAIN looking covered switch for a nitrous kit or for a studder box...things that really need to remain covered. other than that, you look like a fool flipping on your fog lights with "fighter style flip cover switches"

Well they only go on when u flip it open to turn the lights on if you noticed... so it just looks cool at the beginning lol

If I'm not mistaken won't the lights stay on untill you shut off the switch? If those are like all the other switches I've worked with the light will be on as long as power is flowing to the accesory (sp).

Guest CRAZ4SNO

I have rockers installed in my rig that you can set up in three ways...

1. switch on - led on / switch off - led off

2. switch off - led on / switch on - led off

3. led on regardless of switch position

mine are always on, but i am going to rewire one more switch to kill all extra lighting... I would like to be able to completely darken the truck for when I am on a long haul at night. currently, I only have 3 wired...

nopower.jpg

litup2.jpg

litup.jpg

Edited by CRAZ4SNO